Chapter 18

Approaching the manor, Kaia fiddled with the ring her father had given her, a cherished relic from her late mother. "It can't be real, can it?" she murmured, drawing the group's attention.
"Is everything alright?" Xander inquired.
"Maybe... No. Yes?" she hesitated, before they all entered the manor, while the Fraser Triplets headed into town.
Later, in Geo's room, Kaia led the way with him close behind, shutting the door behind them. "I saw my mother..." She took a deep breath. "...and her death," she confessed, averting her eyes from Geo's gaze.
Geo paced anxiously as Kaia sat on the edge of their shared bed. "How?" he asked softly. "I didn't catch that."
"How did she die?" Geo's voice trembled, his eyes welling with tears. Kaia simply shook her head.
"Kaia, please don't tell me..." Geo's hand went to his face in anguish. "Lycan hunters."
She nodded silently, grappling with the revelation, pondering the high probability that her own father was one of them.
As Geo absorbed the revelation about Kaia's mother's death, a heavy silence settled between them. He sank onto the bed beside her, his expression a mixture of shock, anger, and sorrow.

"I can't believe it," he whispered hoarsely, his voice cracking with emotion. "Lycan hunters... How could they... How could anyone...?"

Kaia reached out to him, her hand trembling as she touched his arm. "I don't know, Geo," she admitted, her own voice thick with unshed tears. "But I saw it. I saw them... attacking her."

He turned to her, his eyes searching hers for answers. "Why didn't you tell me before we left?"

The weight of his questions bore down on her, and Kaia felt a lump form in her throat. "I was scared," she confessed, her voice barely a whisper. "Scared of what it would mean... for us, for the pack..."

Geo reached out, pulling her into his arms as she buried her face against his chest. "You don't have to be scared, Kaia," he murmured, his voice soft and reassuring. "I'm here for you. Always."

Tears streamed down her cheeks as she clung to him, the warmth of his embrace offering solace in the midst of her turmoil. "I love you, Geo," she whispered, the words barely audible.

He held her tighter, his own eyes glistening with unshed tears. "I love you too, Kaia," he replied, his voice filled with emotion. "And I'll do whatever it takes to protect you."

They stayed like that for what felt like an eternity, lost in each other's embrace as they grappled with the weight of their shared revelation. Eventually, Kaia pulled back, her eyes meeting Geo's with a newfound determination.

"We have to do something," she said, her voice firm despite the tremble of fear beneath the surface. "We can't let them get away with this."

Geo nodded in agreement, his jaw set with determination. "We'll find out who did this to your mother," he vowed, his voice filled with conviction. "And we'll make them pay."
After Geo's resolute declaration, Kaia felt a surge of determination mingled with dread. She knew she had to confess, to reveal the truth that had haunted her since putting on her mother's ring. Taking a deep breath, she steadied herself, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Geo," she began, her voice trembling slightly, "there's something else... something I need to tell you."

He turned to her, his eyes searching hers with concern. "What is it, Kaia? You can tell me anything."

With trembling hands, she reached for the ring her father had given her, the same ring that had belonged to her mother. As she took a deep breath, memories flooded her mind, vivid and unrelenting. She saw her father, Kristian, standing over her mother's lifeless body, his hands stained with blood.

Tears welled in her eyes as she met Geo's gaze, her voice barely above a whisper. "I know exactlywho killed my mother," she confessed, her words heavy with sorrow. "It was my father... Kristian. He's... he's one of them. A Lycan hunter."

Geo's expression darkened, his features contorted with disgust and disbelief. He recoiled slightly, as if struck by a physical blow. "Your own father..." he muttered, his voice laced with anger and revulsion. "How could he...?"

Kaia's heart ached at the pain in Geo's eyes, knowing that her revelation had shattered his trust in her family. "I'm sorry, Geo," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "I should have told you sooner. I should have... I didn't know..."

But before she could finish her apology, Geo pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly against him. "It's not your fault, Kaia," he murmured, his voice gentle yet firm. "You didn't pick who would be your father, Kaia we're in this together, remember?"

She nodded, tears streaming down her cheeks as she clung to him, grateful for his unwavering support. In that moment, she knew that no matter what trials lay ahead, they would face them together, united against the darkness that threatened to consume them.

And as they held each other close, Kaia felt a glimmer of hope amidst the despair, knowing that with Geo by her side, she could find the strength to confront her past and forge a new future, one filled with love, acceptance, and redemption.

As they held each other in the dimly lit room, Kaia felt a weight lift off her shoulders. Despite the painful truth she had just revealed, Geo's embrace provided solace and reassurance. She knew that he would stand by her side, no matter what challenges they faced.

After a moment, Geo pulled back slightly, his gaze searching hers with a newfound intensity. "We'll figure this out together, Kaia," he said firmly, determination etched in his features. "We'll find a way to stop your father and the other Lycan hunters. I promise."

Kaia nodded, feeling a surge of gratitude for his unwavering support. "Thank you, Geo," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

He smiled gently, brushing a stray tear from her cheek. "You'll never have to find out," he assured her, his eyes reflecting the depth of his love and commitment.

Feeling Geo's tender touch, Kaia's heart swelled with warmth. In that moment, all the worries and fears seemed to fade away, replaced by an overwhelming sense of love and gratitude. She reached up to caress his cheek, her fingers tracing the contours of his face with gentle reverence.

Their eyes locked, and in the soft glow of the moonlight filtering through the window, Kaia felt as though they were the only two people in the world. Time seemed to stand still as they leaned in closer, their lips meeting in a tender kiss that spoke volumes of their shared connection.

The kiss deepened, igniting a fire within them that burned with a fierce intensity. Geo's arms wrapped around Kaia, pulling her closer as they lost themselves in each other's embrace. Their breath mingled, hearts beating as one, as they surrendered to the passion that consumed them.

With each kiss, each touch, they expressed their love for one another, wordlessly conveying all the emotions that words could never adequately capture. In that moment, they were united in body and soul, their love transcending all boundaries and barriers.

As they finally pulled away, breathless and exhilarated, Kaia rested her head against Geo's chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat. Wrapped in his arms, she felt safe and cherished, knowing that no matter what trials lay ahead, they would face them together.

And as they drifted off to sleep, entwined in each other's embrace, Kaia knew that she had found her home in Geo's arms, a place where love flourished and dreams took flight. In that moment, she felt truly and irrevocably alive, her heart overflowing with love for the man who had captured her soul.

 In that moment, she felt truly and irrevocably alive, her heart overflowing with love for the man who had captured her soul