Chapter 20

Kaia's heart pounded in her chest as she made her way back to Oakwood Manor, her mind swirling with a tumult of emotions. The weight of her father's confession hung heavy on her shoulders, threatening to suffocate her with its suffocating grasp. With each step, her resolve wavered, uncertainty gnawing at her from within.

Upon reaching the manor, Kaia dashed inside, her footsteps echoing through the empty halls. She barely registered Geo's concerned voice calling out to her as she made a beeline for the nearest bathroom, her stomach churning with nausea.

Slamming the door shut behind her, Kaia sank to her knees before the toilet, retching violently as the full weight of her father's words crashed over her like a tidal wave. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she struggled to catch her breath, her body trembling with the force of her sobs.

Outside the bathroom door, Geo's heart clenched with worry as he listened to Kaia's anguished cries. Without hesitation, he knocked softly, his voice laced with concern. "Kaia, are you okay? Can I come in?"

Kaia's only response was a choked sob, but Geo took it as permission to enter. The air was suffocating as it surrounded Kaia, he found her huddled on the floor, her shoulders shaking with each ragged breath she took. Without a word, he knelt beside her, gathering her trembling form into his arms.

Gently, Geo stroked her hair, murmuring words of comfort as Kaia clung to him desperately, seeking solace in his embrace. He held her close, his heart breaking for the pain she was enduring.

Minutes passed in silence, the only sound was the steady rhythm of their breathing. Slowly, Kaia's sobs began to subside and the air became less tense, replaced by a heavy silence that hung between them like a shroud.

"Kaia," Geo began softly, his voice barely above a whisper. "What happened? What did your father say to you?"

Kaia pulled away slightly, her eyes red and swollen from crying. "He... he told me everything," she confessed, her voice barely audible over the pounding of her heart. "About my mother... about what he did to her."

Geo's expression darkened with anger and concern as he listened to Kaia's words. He knew that her relationship with her father meant alot to her, but he had never imagined the depths of darkness that lurked within the man.

"I'm so sorry, Kaia," Geo murmured, his voice thick with emotion. "I can't imagine what you're going through right now. But know that I'm here for you, no matter what."

Kaia nodded, grateful for Geo's unwavering support. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

With a heavy heart, Geo helped Kaia to her feet, guiding her out of the bathroom and into the safety of their shared bedroom. He tucked her into bed, wrapping her in a cocoon of warmth and comfort as she drifted into an uneasy sleep.

As the night wore on, Geo remained by Kaia's side, his thoughts consumed by the darkness that threatened to engulf them. He knew that they were facing an uphill battle, but he was determined to stand by Kaia's side through it all.

And as the first light of dawn broke through the curtains, casting a soft glow over the room, Geo made a silent vow to protect Kaia from the shadows of the past, no matter what challenges lay ahead. For she was his mate, his love, and he would do whatever it took to keep her safe from harm.

 For she was his mate, his love, and he would do whatever it took to keep her safe from harm