Chapter Two

Castiel had laid Nevelyn on a bed in the closest bedroom before returning to the Brothers.

"Ok, what the hell, Cas? We find out about her and five minutes later, Demons are attacking her!"

Dean stresses angrily. Sam sighs, running a hand over his tired face. Castiel nods.

"The microsecond that two Soulmates are in the same vicinity, it sends a sort of invisible celestial wave that tells every Angel that one of theirs has found their Soulmate. Unless Demons have a way into the wave, I don't know how they could have found her."

The Angel explains and Dean grumbles in anger, plopping down onto one of the chairs at the table and rubs the bridge of his nose.

"So, either a Rogue Angel is tipping the Demons off..."

Sam starts, eyeing his Brother and Castiel.

"...or Demons have friends in high places."

Dean finishes and Castiel frowns. Surely no Angel would jeopardise another Angels gift. Would they? To do so is punishable by immediate death.

"Are there no laws against this, Cas? Upstairs, I mean?"

Sam asks, almost like he could hear Castiel's thoughts. The Angel nods.

"If another Angel attempts in any way to endanger one of God's personal given gifts, they are killed immediately. This is why I believe that Demons are the culprits here."

He says and Sam nods. Dean turns his head in the direction of where Nevelyn is currently sleeping and he shrugs.

"What do we tell her?"

He asks, turning back to his Brother and friend.

"The truth."

Sam says. It's quiet for a moment before Castiel senses Nevelyn stirring. He stands up straight.

"She's awake."

He says and all of them slowly make their way over to the room. Upon entering, they find the bed empty, the sheets crinkled and one of the pillows on the floor.

They frown, scanning the space before rustling brings their attention to the en suite.

Dean is first, behind him is Sam, then Castiel. They pause just outside of the bathroom. Dean reaches out a hand and gently pushes the door open.

Before anyone could react, a hand grabs Dean and pulls him inside and shoves him into the bath. Sam rushes forward, only to be kicked in the stomach. He falls against the bookcase. That's when Nevelyn appears, a pair of scissors in her hand. She eyes Castiel wildly.

"I don't wanna hurt you. Get out of my way and let me go and I won't go to the cops."

She says and Castiel tilts his head to the side in confusion.