Chapter Fourteen

Mature content ahead!

Jack's fingers lingered on a whisk. Castiel brushed past him carrying a basket.

"What do you need here, Neve?"

The young Nephilim asks in confusion as the woman scaled the shelves of glass bowls.

"Well, I'm a Chef, Jack, and if I have to mix one last thing in the bowls that Dean considers 'good enough', I may hit him over the head with them."

Neve says, hand lifting a medium sized glass mixing bowl from the shelf. Castiel smiles humorously at her words.

"So, you are replacing them with the correct ones?"

Jack asks as Neve places the bowl into the basket in Castiel's hand. She sends a smile to the boy.

"Exactly."

She confirms, eyeing the many small bowls. Jack nods in understanding. Castiel enjoyed watching his Soulmate in her element. He felt at peace.

After collecting bowls, chopping boards, a new set of knives and a new skillet, they checked out.

"Where to now?"

Jack asks as they exit the store. He and Castiel's hands filled with bags.

"Your favourite place."

Neve grins and Jack's face lights up. They reach the Impala.

"The grocery store?!"

Jack asks excitedly and Neve chuckles, nodding.

"The grocery store."

She confirms. This morning, the bank called her to tell her that her cheque had reached her account.

She had arranged for two cheques to be written out to her Brothers and with Jack and Castiel in tow, went to retrieve them.

From there, she wanted to properly make the bunker kitchen hers, which meant using the proper equipment.

Tonight, she is cooking Chris's favourite dish in honour of him.

She wanted to map out her life now that she could.

🪽

"Thank you, Angel."

Neve smiles warmly at Castiel, who smiles down at her in reply. She moves past him with a grocery bag in her arms.

As she makes her way down the stairs, she spots a woman sitting with Sam and Dean at the map table. Frowning, she stops short on the last step.

"We're back!"

Jack announces, oblivious to the situation. Castiel stops behind Neve in confusion.

Sam, Dean and the woman all turn to face Neve. Sam stands.

"Neve! I'm glad you're back. Come and meet Eileen."

He says and Neve approaches them slowly. Castiel takes her bag from her, balancing it with his and leaving for the kitchen with Jack.

"Eileen, this is Neve, our Sister."

Eileen's eyes light up in delight and she stands and approaches Neve, holding out her hand.

"It's lovely to meet you, Neve."

Neve notes that Eileen does not have her hearing, not that it mattered to Neve.

She shakes the woman's hand with a smile. If Sam and Dean trust her, that's enough for her.

"Eileen here is Sam's chain. He makes a good ball."