Chapter Ten

Rowena was a welcomed presence for Neve, being the only woman she's been able to be around for a while.

Jack left the next morning, returning to Heaven to speak with his Grandfather.

"I'm sorry, boys. The only way I can guarantee that you'll get the Angels you want is to allow Neve to be the bait to which we'll hook them."

The Witch says, but Castiel and Dean immediately begin to protest.

"Obviously I wouldn't be completely vulnerable. I'll have you all there and I'm guessing that Rowena can use a spell to protect me."

Neve says and Rowena nods in agreement.

"Yes. It's an Anti-Grace Spell. It stops any Angel from harming a Human."

She explains and Sam raises his eyebrows in surprise.

"I just need one more ingredient. Grace."

She continues and Castiel immediately steps forward.

"Take mine."

He says and Neve's head snaps to the Angel before back to the Witch.

"It won't harm him, right?"

She asks in a panic, but Rowena shakes her head with a smile. Castiel's chest warms at her concern.

"Of course not, Dear. It won't be a pleasant extraction, but with your presence, it will be smooth."

Neve nods, watching as the Angel slips from his trench coat and moves to lie down on the bed that Neve had occupied the night previous.

Sam and Dean stay sat at the small dining table while Neve moves to stand beside Castiel.

Rowena rounds the bed, her trusty bag opens and she pulls out a stainless steel syringe with a needle attached.

Neve grows uneasy at the sight, clearing her throat as she sends a reassuring smile to the Angel.

The Witch moves to the other side of the bed, moving the needle closer to Castiel's neck, the Angel gulping as he moves his head in Neve's direction.

Neve winces when the needle pierces Castiel's skin. It's when she starts the extraction of his grace that his whole body contorts in pain.

Strangely, a slow and dull ache sets into Neve's own neck. She assumed it was sympathy pains, something she is accustomed to, but when the pain persists, she frowns.

Her entire being felt drawn to Castiel. She reaches out, placing a palm over his cheek.

His entire body relaxes, but images begin to enter Neve's mind before the voices start.

"I discovered something today, illegally."