Chapter Twenty Three

Slight graphic content ahead!

"This is pointless!"

Castiel exclaims angrily as they appear back where they had started.

Rowena had given them a location, but they had magically placed it into an illusion, one that kept the group going in circles.

"We need to focus!"

Michael demands. Everyone is distracted by Neve's death and couldn't concentrate on anything else.

"Why do they want the baby in the first place?"

Jack asks and Lucifer sighs. Sam and Dean had been silent, too silent.

"She's a God, Jack. Vulnerable."

He says and Castiel slams his hand onto a boulder and it shatters. They were running out of patience, ideas and time.

"She could already be dead!"

The Angel says and the Brothers sigh, exchanging a look before going over to their friend.

"We can do this. We need to do this. They think they're smart, let's be smarter. We owe it to Neve to try."

Dean says, gripping Castiel's shoulder. The Angel nods.

"Where do we look?"

Sam asks, but before he could answer, a new voice does.

"I have an idea."

They all turn to see Neve stood in the doorway. Collectively, their eyes widen.

"Neve?"

Castiel asks, preying that this isn't a trick being played on them by their enemies.

"I woke up at the Monastery. I felt different...stronger. Powerful."

The Brothers frown at this, still not believing that this is their Sister. Michael approaches Neve and places a hand on her chest. Her eyes flash orange.

"She's a Nephilim."

He says in shock and Jack frowns. The Brothers exchange another look.

"How?"

Jack asks and Michael sighs, looking to Lucifer.

"She died with the baby's blood still flowing through her blood stream. The magic in the baby's blood resurrected her."

He explains and that's all the truth he needs before Castiel is rushing at her, hugging her tightly. Michael looks to the Brothers.

"It's really her."

He says to reassure them. Neve turns her head to look at the door behind her Brothers.

"I can feel her presence, our Daughter. She's alive. This way."

She says, brushing past all of them and out of the door. They follow after her, somehow managing to reach parts of the building that they couldn't before.

Distant voices grow louder as they get closer. They reach a room where Neve sees her baby on an alter with the four Witches surrounding her.

"Hey!"

Dean shouts and they turn. Michael, Castiel and Jack take out three of them while Neve uses her powers to bring the leader to her.

"Lucifer. Take her and go."

Lucifer nods, taking the baby and disappearing. Neve stalks towards the leader like a predator.

Her hand starts to glow and she thrusts it into the leaders chest. The leader screams in blinding agony before Neve yanks her hand back, their heart in her palm.

The body drops and Neve throws the heart on top of it.

"They were opening up an auction for the baby."

Jack explains. Castiel, Sam and Dean were watching Neve with nothing, but concern for her.

"Every creature in creation knows that she exists now."

Michael says with a sigh. Neve's heart breaks as she knows what must be done.

"Let's go home."

She says, a horrible lump in her throat.

🪽

Neve held her Daughter in her arms, the baby fully content in her Mother's embrace.

"So, what do we do?"

Sam asks. The others shrug. Every Demon, Rogue Angel, Vampire, Werewolf, Ghoul and whatever other monster existed would be coming for her Daughter.

"She'll need protecting."

Jack says and Dean scoffs. Castiel sat beside Neve, his Daughter's little fist wrapped around his finger.

"Nobody can protect her better than us."

He defends and Neve sighs, standing. All eyes turn to her.

"There is one person."

She says and they all frown. She turns to Castiel, speaking with her eyes. He nods with a sullen expression.

"I'll make the call."

He says before disappearing. Neve smiles down at her Daughter.

🪽

Nobody dared question Neve. They calmly waited for the person in question to arrive. When they do, the room is silent.

"Amara. Thank you for coming."

Neve says and Amara gives her a sad look.

"I had so hoped this would have gone differently."

She says and Neve nods, approaching the woman. She presses a kiss to her Daughter's head before handing her over to the woman God.

"Right now, there's no one I would trust more with our Daughter's safety than you. Every monster in creation would see her dead. We will deal with it to make her home safe. She can't be here for that."

Amara nods, looking down at the small baby with a smile.

"What's her name?"

She asks and Neve turns to Castiel, nodding to him.

"Grace. Her name is Grace. Grace Winchester."

He says and collective smiles fill the room. Amara sends Neve a nod before she disappears with her Daughter. Castiel grips Neve's hand.

"We'll bring her home, Neve."

He promises her. She doesn't reply. Instead, she turns and heads towards the bedroom area. The others watch her go, worrying every step of the way.

🪽

This chapter has been edited.