Chapter Twenty Six

"They've been gone for fifteen minutes. Something must have happened."

Neve panics and Rowena immediately goes to locating the Cambion. Neve waits on tender hooks.

She doesn't understand. They had the perfect thought out plan. Could this being have smarted them?

"She's still there."

Rowena comments and Neve's eyes flash orange as she realises that this whole thing had been a trap.

She disappears in a ruffle of feathers and Rowena sighs, not sure what to do to help.

Neve drops in the middle of a run down barn full of old hay. She looks around, not seeing anyone.

"Dean? Sam? Cas?"

Neve asks, looking around for her family. She hears muffled yells and follows the sound.

She turns a corner and sees Dean on the ground. His hands are tied to a wooden pole, his mouth is covered with a rag and his head is seeping blood.

Neve immediately lowers herself to the ground. She places two fingers on Dean's forehead and heals him before ripping the rag from his mouth.

"She took Sam. I don't know where Cas is."

He explains while Neve is untying him. Once free, they both stand. Dean nods his head towards the back of the barn and they quietly go.

"Cas."

Dean suddenly gasps and Neve follows him as he rushes over the the unconscious Angel on ground.

Dean shakes him in an attempt to wake him, but to no avail. Neve catches a familiar scent.

"It's magic. I'm guessing a sleeping spell."

She says, stroking her Soulmate's hair. Dean sighs. Footsteps have them both spinning around.

"Clever little thing, ain't you?"

The Cambion steps out of the shadows, holding Sam by his neck. His nose had been bleeding and he had a cut on his head. His shirt was also ripped.

"Sam!"

Dean exclaims and Sam releases a shaky breath.

"Dean!"

He shouts back desperately. Neve is angry. She wanted to peacefully talk this out and now her family were caught in the crossfire. She steps forward.

"This is between you and me. Let my family go and take me."

She says. Dean grips his Sister's arm, stopping her from moving any further.

"Neve, no!"

Sam protests and the Cambion tightens her grip, causing him to wheeze.

Neve didn't trust that she could take her out before she snaps Sam's neck. She couldn't lose any of them. The Cambion smirks in acknowledgement.

"I know about your little plan to come here and 'talk' to me. You murdered my Mother, but sure, let's chat."

She spits, reaching into her pocket and pulling out something that sets Neve, Sam and Dean on edge. An Archangel Blade.

"Where did you get that?"

Dean demands with a heavy gulp. The Cambion grins, twirling it around in her hand.

"Lucifer left a lot of things when he vacated Hell. This was one of them. Gotta tell you, it wasn't easy obtaining this. Crowley has upped security."

She says and Neve knew then that someone would die today.

"Now. Do I take out Moose Winchester or the Nephilim Mother first?"

She asks with a mock thinking face. Before she could answer, Sam's goes flying over the other side of the room. While Dean rushes to his aid, Neve and the Cambion turn to see Rowena standing behind the Demon Hybrid.

"Thanks, Rowena."

Neve says with a small smile. Rowena nods and disappears as quickly as she appeared.

Neve rushes at the Cambion, but the Cambion anticipated this and turns.

Before Neve could smite her, she thrusts the blade into her chest.

"No!"

Sam and Dean exclaim in equal panic. The Cambion smirks.

 The Cambion smirks

They all wait, expecting to see the familiar light show before she would fall to the ground and be surrounded by an imprint of her wings

Yet, that doesn't happen. The blade embedded in her stomach hurt like a mother fucker, but it didn't kill her.

Realising this, Neve raises her hand and slams it onto the Cambion's head, smiting her immediately.

She drops to the ground, dead, her eyes blackened holes. With her death, the spell lifts on Castiel and he jumps up, looking around him in a panic.

Neve drops to the ground next, the pain of the blade too much for her to handle. Sam, Dean and Castiel are at her side in an instant.

"I need to remove it so you can heal."

The Angel tells her and she nods. Grasping the handle, Sam and Dean grip Neve's shoulders. Castiel pulls the blade out and Neve cries out in pain.

Once it's out, a flash of orange and white light swirl over Neve's stomach, disappearing only when she is healed.

"Why didn't it kill me?"

She asks, glaring hard at the blade. Sam and Dean also look to Castiel for an answer and he sighs.

"The blade was designed to kill Angels and Archangels. You are neither. You're half God."

He explains and she nods slowly before being hurled to her feet by her Brothers.

She lifts two fingers and places them on Sam's forehead, healing him. He smiles at her in thanks before Castiel flies them all home.

🪽

This chapter has been edited.