Chapter Four

The next morning, Dean and Castiel emerge from the bedroom area, growing more concerned when they don't see Sam or Neve.

That's when the door opens and the duo's heads turn upwards, relief filling them both when they see Sam and Neve armed with groceries as they walk inside.

"So, you just jumped after him?"

Neve asks Sam and he chuckles, starting down the stairs with her behind him.

"I thought I was Batman."

He defends himself and Neve giggles, the sound making Castiel smile.

"Well, technically, Batman can fly, he has that cape."

She shrugs and Sam turns, giving her a thankful look before his eyes find Dean's.

"You hear that, Dean? Batman can fly."

Sam says as he and Neve place the bags on the table.

"Where you been?"

Dean asks and Sam frowns sarcastically while Neve grins.

"Crazy Golf. Wasn't as crazy as I thought."

She says, picking the bags up and making her way into the kitchen. Sam chuckles and Dean scoffs, pointing at Sam.

"You're a bad influence."

He says and Sam makes a funny face at his Brother.

"It's dangerous for Neve to be out of the bunker right now, Sam."

Castiel says and Sam frowns, pausing in his walk to the kitchen.

"She's not a prisoner, Cas. I was with her, she was safe."

With that, he continues onwards and Castiel sighs. Dean frowns.

"Alright, Cas. What's going on? No stalling this time."

He says and the Angel sighs, looking at the kitchen entrance briefly before looking back at Dean.

"Not here, Dean."

Dean frowns as Castiel makes his way back to the bedroom area again, leaving Dean to follow after him.

Castiel leads them all the way to Dean's bedroom before he begins talking.

"God makes Angels without souls. Only select Angels are gifted with a Soulmate due to either good service or destiny. Soulmates carry their Angels souls. Two souls in one body. Do you have any idea what Demons and Rogue Angels could do with two souls? Because I do, and it's not pretty. Once both parties commit to each other, I get my soul. Until then, Neve is in danger."

Dean is gobsmacked. He could never have imagined that this whole thing went so deep. He sighs heavily, rubbing a hand over his face.

"Cas...she may be your Soulmate, but she's also our Sister. Obviously, I don't want her to get hurt, but I'm not gonna keep her prisoner in the bunker. We need to be honest with her. Well, as honest as we can be."

Dean says. Castiel doesn't answer right away and Dean nudges him. The Angel sighs, but eventually nods. Dean nods and turns to leave the room.

"Dean."

Dean stops short of the door, turning to face his friend once more.

"Sometimes sacrifices must be made to protect those we care for. Not all sacrifices are pleasant. Do you really want to risk Neve's safety just so she can go grocery shopping?"

Castiel asks and Dean sighs, giving him a pointed look.

"We either tell her everything and keep her here or continue to lie and allow her to venture. There is no inbetween here, Cas."