Chapter Eighteen

Dean, Sam and Castiel watch in amazement as Neve eats what she had ordered.

A full English breakfast, pancake stack, a fruit bowl, a glass of juice and a tea.

Feeling eyes on her, she looks up, mouth pausing mid chew.

"What?"

She asks in a muffled voice. Sam and Dean shake their heads, going back to eating their own food.

"That's a lot of food."

Castiel says and Dean widens his eyes at the Angel and Sam is mentally preying to him to 'shut up'.  Neve narrows her eyes, forking a piece of apple.

"Your Daughter and I are hungry. Is that ok with you?"

She asks and his eyes widen and he nods with a nervous smile. Satisfied, she goes back to eating. Dean leans into his friend's ear.

"As a wise woman once said, 'good God, man, don't anger it'."

He whispers and pulls back, only to see Neve looking at him. He looks scared. Sam finds it hilarious.

"Thanks to our baby being whatever the hell she is, I can hear people talking from about a mile away."

She points out and Castiel frowns at this.

"You can? Not even Kelly could do that."

He says and Neve shrugs. She picks up her tea and takes a sip.

"Well, Kelly was carrying a Nephilim. We've established I'm not."

She says and he nods, exchanging glances with the Brothers. Dean lifts his hand up.

"Cheque!"

🪽

The furniture store wasn't too busy. Neve made a beeline for the baby section with her Brothers and Castiel right behind her.

The baby was active today, kicking and moving around. With a smile, Neve rubs her swollen belly.

There were three colours of one crib to choose from. One oak, one white and one black.

She runs her hand over the white one with a smile.

"The white will go well with the walls."

Sam says and Neve nods slowly. Dean turns to his Brother.

"Sammy, the Interior Designer."

He mocks and Sam nudges his shoulder. Dean moves the trolley closer.

"So? This one?"

He asks and Neve turns to Castiel, who nods, unsure of why she was asking him.

"Yeah, this one."

She says and Dean nods, moving around her to pick up a boxed one. He heaves it into the trolley before they follow Neve over to the changing tables.

 He heaves it into the trolley before they follow Neve over to the changing tables