Chapter Seventeen

Another month passes by. Neve's pregnancy was fully progressing. She had only three months to go.

Sam, Dean and Jack were currently on their way back from a case and Neve had made them lunch.

Castiel was kindly plating it up while Neve went to pee. Upon exiting her room, she found herself wondering.

She soon reached the deepest part of the bunker, only two bedrooms residing there.

Neve opened the one furthest from the main door and entered. It looked identical to hers.

It was quiet, surprisingly warm and secluded, so safer. With a smile, Neve rubbed her belly.

"I think we've found your nursery, baby."

"There you are."

Castiel's voice warms Neve's insides as she turns to face him. She smiles and leans in to kiss him.

"Here I am. Well, here we are. I was just thinking about turning this room into our Daughter's nursery."

She says, rubbing her belly. Castiel smiles, looking around at the room for himself.

"It is a nice room. May I?"

He asks, his hand hovering over Neve's stomach. She takes his hand herself and places it over her belly.

"You never need to ask, Cas. She's your Daughter too."

She points out, but he's transfixed on whatever he was hearing from her stomach.

That's when they both feel it

That's when they both feel it. A small nudge, definitely the sole of a tiny foot. Their Daughter's first kick. Neve gasps and she and Castiel both look at each other.

"She's strong."

The Angel says and Neve smiles, her eyes filling with tears.

"Come. Let's get you both fed."

He says, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and guiding her away.

🪽

Neve stood in front of the left side wall of what is to be her and Castiel's Daughter's bedroom.

She held her phone in her hand as she scrolled through various colour swatches.

She liked yellow. The pink stood out to her. The purple intrigued her. She didn't know which to choose and she knew that the men in her life wouldn't be of any help.

"Cas said you were here."

Dean's voice draws Neve's attention from her task and she finds her Brothers stood in the doorway.

"What he didn't say is what you're doing here."

He continues and Neve sighs, locking her phone before approaching them at the door.

"This is gonna be the baby's room. I just can't decide on a colour."

She sighs heavily. Dean and Sam exchange a glance and Dean holds his hands up in a 'don't ask me' fashion. Sam gives him a pointed look.

"Do you have any colours in mind?"

He asks and Neve nods, tapping on her phone to find the swatches. She hands the phone to Sam and with Dean peering over him, he scrolls through the colours.

"Purple."

They both say in unison and Neve's eyes widen as she looks between her Brothers. Sam hands her back her phone with the purple swatch on the screen.

"Hm, maybe you guys are good for something after all."

She teases, looking up paint stores in the area. Dean snorts and Sam chuckles.

"Well, let's go and get the paint then."

Dean says and Neve looks up, surprised and her face softens.

"You wanna help me?"

She asks and the Brothers look offended that she had even asked.

"Of course, Neve. You and the kid are family. We're gonna paint this room and get you whatever else she needs."

Dean says and Neve's eyes fill with tears and she smiles.

Suddenly, she gasps, her hands falling to her stomach.

"What?!"

Sam and Dean panicked, rushing to either side of her. She smiles and takes their hands and places them over her belly.

A sharp nudge hits her stomach and both of her Brothers gasp, smiles lighting up their faces.

"I guess that's your Niece's way of saying 'thank you'."

Neve says and her Brothers smile. Sam notices the look on Dean's face. It's the same one he wore whenever he sacrificed himself for Sam.

Neve and the baby meant the world to him and he would give his own life to give them that world.

🪽

Castiel ran his fingers through Neve's hair, watching as she slept. Their Daughter was stirring. Castiel smiles and moves his free hand to Neve's belly.

She settles under his palm, sending him a breeze of her aura, one that calms his mind. He sighs.

"You are a powerful one, aren't you, sweetling? But, what exactly are you? Rowena says you aren't a Nephilim

"You are a powerful one, aren't you, sweetling? But, what exactly are you? Rowena says you aren't a Nephilim. You certainly aren't Human. I guess it doesn't matter. You are our Daughter. That's all we need to know."

Neve had stirred during the end of Castiel's speech, but stayed quiet, listening to his words.

A knock sounds on the door and Neve tilts her head up.

"Come in."

She calls out, sitting up with little struggle on the bed. The door opens and Dean and Sam stand in the doorway.

"Hey. We thought we'd go out for breakfast before going to pick up the nursery furniture."

Sam says and Neve smiles. Castiel stands from the bed and reaches for his jacket and coat.

"I'd like that. Lemme get ready and I'll meet you in the Impala."

She says and the Brothers nod, glancing at Castiel before leaving. The Angel moves to follow behind them and Neve frowns.

"You don't have to leave, Cas. You can stay and watch tv while I shower and dress."

She says, pulling herself up from the bed. He turns to her, surprised at her suggestion.

"Are you sure?"

He asks and she smiles, walking towards him. She cups his cheek and presses a kiss to his lips.

"Of course."

With that, she makes her way into her en suite.

🪽

This chapter has been edited.