Chapter Twenty Seven

"Grandfather has gone to retrieve them."

Jack says and Neve nods. It's been a week since that day and the group spent the last week making sure that all threats to Grace were eliminated. Once they were sure, they called on Jack to find Amara and Grace.

Neve, Sam, Dean, Castiel, Rowena, Jack, Eileen and Lucifer were waiting in the library for them to show up while Michael dealt with matters upstairs.

Neve had spent the entirety of the morning getting the nursery ready for Grace. Castiel tidied the bunker, Dean stocked the kitchen with formula and bottles and Sam baby proofed many items.

Two months is a long time for a baby to be away from their Mother. Especially when it's their first two months on Earth.

Neve didn't want to miss any more time with her Daughter. She also wanted to try harder with Castiel.

She grips his hand and he turns to her, smiling and kisses her temple.

Neve sees Dean straighten up and immediately turns, seeing Chuck, Amara

Neve sees Dean straighten up and immediately turns, seeing Chuck, Amara...and Grace.

Amara is holding the small baby while smiling at Neve. Neve's eyes fill with tears as she sees how big her Daughter has gotten.

Everyone watches as Amara approaches Neve and Castiel. Neve notes how brown her Daughter's hair is and how much she has. Her eyes are a beautiful blue with specks of green mixed in.

She is already looking at Neve. Neve fills that same longing, that same connection. Grace's eyes flash blue and she holds her arms out to her Mother.

Neve holds in a sob and takes her Daughter. Amara backs away, giving the small family space.

Neve hugs Grace to her chest, her eyes closing in relief. When she opens them, she turns to Castiel, who was frozen to the spot.

 When she opens them, she turns to Castiel, who was frozen to the spot

She pulls his arms up and carefully places Grace in them. He panics for a brief moment before clutching his Daughter to his chest. Neve smiles and leans her head onto his shoulder.

The others watch on with happiness. It took a while, but Grace Winchester was home and here to stay.

🪽

Grace grew up surrounded by the love of her Uncle's Sam, Dean, Lucifer, Michael and Gabriel, her Aunt's Amara, Rowena and Eileen, her Cousin's Jack, Sam's Son Dean and Dean's Son, Bobby-John, her Grandfather and her parents.

She learnt how to control her powers and how to live among Humans in school.

As Grace's family grew older, she knew her time was coming to rule over Heaven.

Her Father was the last to pass. Grace intercepted his Soul and brought it with her to Heaven to reunite him with her Mother and Uncle's.

When Grace took over from Chuck, she managed to broker a peace treaty between Crowley and Lucifer. They ran Hell together.

Michael and Gabriel would watch over and lead the Angels. Rowena would help the next generation of Hunters. Jack stayed beside Grace as he had promised.

Chuck and Amara enjoyed their new and free lives, knowing that the whole of creation was in good hands.

This chapter has been edited.