I Tried To Kill You

The warehouse seemed ominous in the moonlight, and it could almost be peaceful if it weren't for the fact that I was stood facing one of my biggest enemies; Leon Kennedy, a secret agent and thorn in my side, one I've yet to pull out and recover from. 

Our eyes are locked in a silent standoff, tension crackles between us as we wait for one of us to make the first move. Like always it's a dance between us, a meticulously perfect balance of hatred and amusement. The concrete floor beneath my feet is cracked and uneven, only making this more of a challenge. Our footsteps echo as we circle each other, fists raised ready to strike. 

Without warning I lunge first, my movements swift and precise as I launch a flurry of punches to Leon's handsome face, hoping that maybe I can tussle him up a bit and leave my mark. However, Leon blocks every blow with ease, this reflexes perfect and honed from the years of training he did. I'm relentless though, and determined to gain the upper hand. I fight harder, moving left then right to throw him off, but Leon and I know each other too well, our years of crossing paths has left a dent in the road, our footsteps as obvious as our movements. Leon counters my attacks, and I barely dodge a punch as I roll and throw out a leg swipe, but Leon's fluid, able to jump and avoid being taken down. We're evenly skilled, but both of us are determined to prove a point. 

Our fight goes on a while, until we're both sweating and breathless, moved from one side of the large warehouse to the other. Leon winces, eyes momentarily flicking to his shoulder as if some old wound is giving him trouble, so I use the brief distraction as a surge of adrenaline courses through me. I use my speed to launch at Leon, grabbing his arm and twisting it behind him as he groans, already trying to wriggle free. I kick at the backs of his knees, ensuring he goes down just where I want him, then I tackle him to the ground as he tries to elbow me, my hands going for the knife tucked into my boot. I snatch it as I press all my weight onto him, then the blade nicks his throat, a bead of blood appearing as he takes in a sharp inhale.

My thoughts crash together. I don't really want him dead. I should. But I don't. He's fun to play with, but I also have some kind of fucked up care for him too. I'm so close to plucking out that thorn, but I'm used to the ache now, it's like an old friend. 

I suddenly pull back, flinging my knife across the room as I pant heavily, breath coming to quick, I'm panicking as I scoot away, eyes widening as Leon sits up and grabs at his neck as if to check that I haven't really slit his throat. I tremble as I look up, meeting his equally shocked blue eyes. "I... I'm sorry," I stammer, my eyes pleading for understanding. "I tried to kill you." I whisper, realisation dawning on me as if the thought of a world without Leon had never occurred to me before. 

Leon remains still as he stares at me, but then they soften a little, regarding me with a mixture of curiosity and compassion. "That's okay," he casually replies, tone thick with sarcasm, "but next time you should try harder." 

Despite him being playful I feel far from happy. My heart sinks as the weight of my choice bears down on me with a soul crushing force. I kept my enemy alive...and I don't regret it. "I didn't mean to come so close," My voice wobbles as I catch my lip between my teeth, "I was just trying to protect myself."

Leon nods understandingly, then he stands up, glancing at the knife across the room. When he looks back at me his eyes are full of undeserved sympathy, and that mutual hatred between us seems to have simmered, "I know, it's okay." He shrugs, then without hesitation he walks over to me, bending down as he holds out a hand to help me up. "Come on, you don't look right acting so pitiful." His lips lift. 

I stare at him with bulging eyes. Is he fucking crazy? Maybe, but that's why I lo-

Nope. Not going there. 

I take his hand, letting him pull me up on shaky legs until we're chest to chest. My breath catches as I look up at him. "Is there anything I can do to make this situation better?" I ask hesitantly, voice a little more than a whisper.

Leon considers my words for a second, but them his smile turns into a smirk. "There's one thing..." He murmurs deeply, then before I can respond his lips are on mine in a heated and sensual kiss, his tongue prying into my mouth as he groans, wrapping an arm around my back as I loop a hand around his neck, urging him closer until we're a groaning and whimpering clash of mouths. 

Leon pulls away, leaving me aching for more but totally confused. At least I know that fluffy feeling between us is mutual. "I bet you let me almost kill you just so you could do that." I whisper, my mouth curving as Leon shrugs nonchalantly, then he gives me some space. I get my breath back and straighten my clothes, heart pounding in my ears as I lick my lips, tasting Leon's mouth still. 

"I don't know what your plan is here, but we should get moving before this place crashes down on us." Leon mumbles, already heading to the exit. I huff, grabbing the knife and sheathing it as I walk to catch up with him. I don't know what I'm doing now my world has flipped upside down, but I've still got an open job to finish. I follow Leon out, knowing at some point I'm going to have to leave him, but for now I don't mind staying by Leon's side for a bit.