Gonna Take Care of You| Dark Romance| Request

AN: I had another dark romance request, in which Leon still watches his ex and watches her struggle without him only for her to realise that she needs him and the safety he provides, unknowing that half the danger and troubles she faces are due to him anyway. As usual this includes dark themes and a very out of character Leon who's majorly toxic. There's a lot of red flags, but red might be your favourite colour! 

---------------------------------------------------------

Leon's POV

I stare at my phone, eyes lingering on the last picture I took with my girlfriend. I refuse to call her my ex, she's not quite over me, I know it, and I'm sure as shit not over her. How could I be when she's the light of my life, providing the quiet to my turbulent mind. I smile, analysing her features and the colour of her eyes, I can still picture the moment it was taken, remembering her laugh and how I wanted to capture it. I wanted to bottle it and bury it where only I can hear it. She's all mine, and nobody else deserves any parts of her. I didn't know that days later she'd break up with me, insisting that she'd had enough of my 'possessiveness' (I was just eager to always keep her close to me), my 'protectiveness' (the little one needed me to always be there for her and tell her when the world was out to break her precious heart) and my 'controlling ways'. Fuck that, I might've occasionally told her that she shouldn't take more shifts at her job or go out with her friends, but then I'd end up being right when she'd get stressed or when her friends would begin to ditch her. 

My little one needs me, but she just doesn't realise it. Poor girl, all alone in the world and left to fend for herself, or so she thinks. I haven't let her go, I'm always there, watching her when she doesn't know it, keeping tabs on her by hacking into her phone using the skills I mastered as an agent before they fired me, and most importantly I help her remember the reasons why she needs me. She'll come running, I know it, but I've got to be a patient man, giving her time to struggle and writhe until she needs me to be there. Then she'll never let me go again, and I can finally fucking love her in peace without those damn insults being thrown at me. 

I look up from my phone, noticing the crack in the screen from where I'd been gripping it too hard, then I let out a long breath. Just in time I see Y/N walk out of the coffee shop, smiling to the shitty world as if she's the queen and everyone else are the stones she walks on. I'd gladly bow to her, then delve between her thighs and make her beg for me to be her king. I follow behind, pulling the hood over my head as I trail her all the way back to her apartment, I glare at anyone who steps to close to her at the traffic lights, and even risk it by brushing past her when its busy, getting a good sniff of her perfume and that shampoo I recommended her years ago. She gasps, turning to scold whoever just made her feel vulnerable, but my girl's slow and misses me by seconds. I grin, taking a detour until I catch up with her again. It's the tiny little tricks like this that make her feel on edge, not quite ready enough to need me again, but enough to feel uncomfortable on her own. 

Another night I break into her- our- apartment. I watch my laptop screen, reading the emails between my girl and her boss, he's once again asking her to stay a little later, and since my little one doesn't have my financial stability anymore she agrees, needing the money. I huff a laugh, knowing damn well she definetly isn't happy with staying late. Seems like my woman is quite the cute little liar. There's a nasty storm outside, it's heavily raining and cold, so my girl orders an Uber to bring her home. I purse my lips together, shaking my head as I hack into her phone again and cancel it. I grab my jacket, rush outside and get on my bike before riding my way over to where she works. I let the engine rumble at a traffic light, which happens to be right outside her building. There she stands, shivering in that flimsy blouse and skirt, a small cardigan that's sticking to her wrapped around her body. She's helpless, and looks on the verge of crying. I smile, glad that the reason of her tears are because of me, nobody else gets to make her cry. 

I rev the bike, catching her attention, then finally, finally her eyes snag on me. Her lips part in recognition at the Ducati, then the bites that plump lower one, internally battling with herself. I smirk, turning my head to her and then flipping the visor of my helmet. She rushes over, shivering and shaking. "Leon, is that you?" I nod, breath catching at her voice, "I know it's sudden, but..." Her voice cracks, "My Uber bailed on me, and I can't get home, would you-"

"Get on baby, let me take you home." I reply. She nods, climbing on and wrapping her arms around me as I reach out and hold her close, the ride home is short, but I can't wait to see her reaction to the surprise I left her. She climbs off of the bike, hesitating before mumbling a thanks and smiling, then she ducks into the building. I debate on waiting, but I don't want to be caught, so I head to the nearest coffee shop, grabbing a quick drink as I sit and wait. Right now she'll be in her apartment, probably panicking at the overturned furniture and open drawers, I didn't take anything, only messed some shit up to scare her. She'll be scared, alone and desperate. She's got nobody else, not since her friends abandoned her and she broke up with me. I let my knee bounce as I down the coffee, staring at my phone for the inevitable phone call. Only a minute later it comes. I let it ring a little bit, fucking with her just an inch more, then I pick up, acting surprised yet bored. 

"Leon, I-I need your help, please, I think someone broke in, I-I.." She sobs, "I really need you here, I'm sorry about everything, please just come over, I can't do this alone." 

I grin, feeling over the moon at her tragedy, but I've got my part to play still. "Alright, I'm on my way pretty girl, just stay there and lock yourself in the bedroom and wait until I'm there, I'll be as quick as I can baby." I hang up, then lean back in my chair, glancing across the coffee shop to her apartment building. I finish my coffee, stretch my limbs, then walk across the street, racing up the stairs with a little dance before going inside. I look around, impressed with my own work, then knock on the bedroom door where my girl cries. "Y/N, it's me." 

She swings open the door, chest heaving as she wraps her arms around me and buries her face into my chest. I shush her, calming her down because I'm not a monster, then I pull back, wiping those tears and giving her a small smile as well as some comforting words. She sniffles, listening intently like a good girl, then finally falls into my safety net. 

"I'm so sorry for calling you all those things, I was being stupid and overreacting, I didn't mean it, I'm sorry, please just give me one more chance, please come back to me." She begs. I pretend to think on it, but then nod and lean down, taking her lips in a deep and claiming kiss. 

"Okay, I forgive you, don't worry little one, I'm here and can take care of you now, it's all gonna be alright." I coo, swaying her gently as she hiccups and hugs me tighter. I smirk, knowing she's not going anywhere ever again.