Clubs and Cabins| Request

AN: I had a request to write an imagine similar to a certain sad scene in TLOU2. I've written two endings for this one since I know some of you prefer a happy ending!

Just beware that this imagine features violence and gore.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Where are we headed?" Leon frantically shouts through his comms, I cling to his hand as we trek through the snow blindly, the sudden snowstorm that interrupted our mission has only gotten worse within the last few hours and now we're forced to call it quits. There should be a cabin nearby where we can lay low until it's safe to continue our stakeout, but for now..."Hunnigan? Hunnigan?!" Leon tries again, cursing under his breath as the wind whips us. I look ahead, seeing a faint outline of something rectangular shaped, it must be the cabin. 

"Leon, look!" I call out, tugging his arm to point to the cabin. We both spot the building, then smile at each other. Snowflakes cling to Leon's lashes as he trudges uphill, dragging me with him until we're kicking open the door and then slamming it closed behind us. It's fucking freezing in here, but at least it's better than being outside. Silently Leon kneels by the fire as I search the cabin for blankets, then we work together to create a little nest beside the fire. Soon enough the flames are blazing and Leon and I are nestled together, his arms wrapped around me as I perch between his lifted knees, his chin rests on my head as we shiver but share body heat. 

"At least we can 'chill out' now, huh?" Leon playfully says, squeezing me tighter to him. I laugh, nodding as I tilt my head back and nuzzle into his neck. 

"Ah, icy what you did there." I grin. Leon chuckles, leaning down to press a delicate kiss to my lips before pulling back, sighing as we stare into the fire. 

"You should get some sleep, as soon as it's safe enough we'll have to go back to the mission." He sighs. I nod, scooting down as Leon holds me, then I let the heaviness pull me under as Leon's fingers run through my hair, soothing me to sleep. 

When I wake up, I'm alone. The fire's nearly gone out and there's a blanket draped around me. I frown, sitting up and rubbing my eyes as I look around, but there's no Leon in sight. I call out his name, searching the small cabin for any clues to his whereabouts, but there's nothing other than the lack of his presence. Panic begins to consume me as I look outside, seeing that the snow has finally begun to lighten up, which could mean Leon's gone on without me. Except he wouldn't do that, we've always done things together, even before we realised that we were madly in love with each other. I try to keep my agent mindset but it's hard when there's a good chance Leon's gone and got himself into trouble. I use my tracking skills to estimate where he went. I find footsteps leading to the back of the cabin, and a stack of firewood stacked as if he was trying to keep the fire going whilst I was asleep, but then I find the spots of blood, like he was ambushed. 

I press a hand to my mouth, muffling the sob as I follow the signs, which lead to another larger cabin not far from where we were. We mustn't have seen it due to the storm, but now it's cleared there's no doubt that Leon and I took refuge not far from our targets. Shit, that's a rookie mistake, such a dumb idea-

I need to save him. I rush back to the cabin, grabbing everything I can as well as some extra weapons I can find, then I begin to follow Leon's trail. I'm not thinking straight as I blindly rush to Leon's aid. I make it to the larger cabin in no time, then blindly I head inside, trying to be stealthy as I look around, but then I hear the unmistakeable sound of Leon's pained scream.

"Where's that coming from? Come on Y/N." I mumble to myself, feeling sick as I frantically search. More of Leon's groans and pained whimpers echo around the space as tears spring to my eyes, whoever's hurting him are already fucking dead. One specific anguished scream has me forgoing my own safety as I now run through the cabin, following the noises until I'm rushing down some basement stairs. I stop, hearing something violently hit the sound of flesh, then i crack open the door, grabbing my gun as I finally find Leon.