[25]

Minho's hand rested on the doorknob of Chan and Hyunjin's dorm for a few minutes.

Acting collected was not working for the undercover agent at that moment. That was the last drop of consciousness he had and it was the one that stopped him just in time.

When it comes to Jisung, he can forget all the principles and disciplines he has worked on. That boy can turn him into a careless brat.

Minho sighed and closed his eyes. He focused all his attention on the other side of the door as he loosened the grip on the door knob.

He was searching for just a small cue to enter that room and snatch Jisung from the older's grip.

You couldn't guess what was happening on the other side of the room as there was no movement or words coming from inside.

The absolute silence coming from it was scary. Very strange.

Didn't Chan want to speak to Jisung? If so, why is no one talking then? What are they doing? What is happening inside?

The need to twist the door knob was consuming Minho, but if he didn't open the door right there and then it was because he didn't know what to say after it. How could he explain to Jisung the interruption? Didn't they agree to talk about whatever happens after a while? Why was he being so uneasy? It's not like Chan is going to do something bad to Jisung...right?

As Minho kept trying to detect a word or movement, his ears finally perked up when they caught something.

Inside the room, an object -or so- fell. Something heavy that made the floor vibrate peculiarly.

As if on cue, Minho turned the doorknob and pushed open the wooden door.

He attempted to enter, but something stopped him.

Minho scanned the situation with murderous intent. Fear and anger were mixed in him.

"Why is it so fucking dark in here?" he complained as he reached for the switch on the wall to turn on the lights. He couldn't take a step forward, but he couldn't take a step back either.

The undercover agent was putting on a brave face. The fear of the dark didn't stop him...completely.

Protecting Jisung was more important than his fear of darkness. This was something that needed to be acknowledged.

All the rooms in the house are more or less the same. There is a bunk bed on one side and a full-size bed on the other.

So when Minho turned on the lights it was the first thing he paid attention to.

After getting a full view of the inside of the room, Minho noticed that Chan had chosen the bunk bed the same as him, leaving Hyunjin the big bed.

At least, that's what their belongings indicated.

"Minho, why didn't you ask permission to turn on the lights? Chan hyung turns them off for a reason..." a whisper–yell was heard, interrupting Minho's scanning of the room.

Minho turned to where this voice came from and scrutinised the scene.

On the bunk, Chan was lying with his eyes closed while Jisung held his right hand in his and looked at Minho with a soft and concerned expression. He didn't like the way Jisung held Chan's hand in his and one glance could tell.

"What happened?" Minho's question strung Jisung. He could not believe that Minho was not giving an answer for his rude actions.

The latter always used a soft voice when talking to Minho even though this one disregarded the question he had asked.