6

Killshot ~ Magdalena Bay

New York
Now

Evelyn paced back and forth in her living room as she anxiously held up her phone. In the end she had decided to stay back to keep an eye on Hook while the others went back on his ship. She had been waiting for a call from Neal for a while as she tried to keep herself occupied until her phone finally rang. She quickly took it and answered the call.

"Hey, are you there?", she asked him as she sat back on her couch, her eyes still fixated on Hook in front of her.

"Yeah, we're on the ship. Are you okay? Is he awake, yet?", Neal asked her.

"I'm fine and he's still unconscious. I just tied him up to a chair, kinda getting deja vu", she told him as she nervously kept looking at the pirate tied up in front of her.

"Listen, I know this situation might be hard for you and if you're not ready to face your... past yet, you know it's fine with me. I understand that", he told her softly.

"Yeah, I know. But one day I'll have to do it, sooner or later", she said with a sigh.

"Yeah, well, I gotta go now. Be careful, I'll call you when I get to Storybrooke", he said and she replied with a simple "alright" before hanging up.

Evelyn slowly stood up as she walked closer to Hook, memories rushing back to her. All the mistakes she had done and everything they had been through together. The bad things, but also the good ones. A small smile formed on her face as she looked at his face. She had missed him so much, more than she thought she could.

Suddenly, though, something broke her train of thoughts. She turned to look around as she heard a strange noise coming from the window in her kitchen. She slowly and carefully started walking towards it as she took her gun from the back of her jeans.

She held it up high as she reached the window and with small movements she looked out of it, but saw nothing. Evelyn furrowed her brows as she slowly put back the gun, thinking that it must've probably been some random street cat.

Before she could turn around, though, a bottle harshly came in contact with the back of her head and she didn't have time to react as she lost her focus and fell unconscious on her kitchen floor.

Behind Evelyn stood a woman with dark hair that was still holding the now broken bottle as she looked at her unconscious form. The woman slowly smirked as her phone started ringing. She took it and answered the call before placing the broken bottle on the kitchen counter.

"You did it?", a male voice asked from the other end of the line.

"Yeah. She won't be on our way, Greg", the woman said with a smirk.

✰✰✰

The feeling of the hard floor beneath her was the first thing Evelyn felt as she slowly opened her eyes. She slowly blinked to focus her vision and a groan escaped her lips as she slowly started lifting herself up. As she did she stumbled slightly and had to hold herself up on the kitchen counter to not fall back again.

She slowly brought up her hand and placed it on the back of her head, slightly flinching as she did. As she looked back at her hand she saw blood on it, quite a lot. She was lucky that she didn't have a concussion.

Suddenly reality hit her and she immediately rushed to her living room, slightly regretting not deciding to walk slowly as her head started pounding, sending shivers of pain down her body. But pain wasn't the only feeling she felt as she saw the chair where Hook was tied up empty. Questions started filling her mind as she wondered if it was him that had knocked her out. But could he really do that to her? Well she did do it him. Twice.

"Fuck...", she muttered under her breath as she immediately went to reach for her phone to call Neal. But as she reached the back pocket of her jeans the phone wasn't there. She started searching for it everywhere until she realised that whoever had knocked her out also took her phone.

Without having second thoughts she sighed to herself before going to her bedroom to pack a m bag with a few things. Then she quickly rushed out of her apartment and out of her building to get to her motorcycle. As she reached her parking spot, though, the bike wasn't there.

"Are you kidding me?!", she exclaimed to herself as she looked around. Why the hell did they take all her stuff?!

She sighed to herself before calling for a taxi. As the car pulled over she got in and asked the driver to take her to the nearest airport.

Something bad was going on and she didn't have a good feeling.