33

WAY DOWN WE GO
- KALEO -

WAY DOWN WE GO - KALEO -

✰✰✰✰

THEY WERE ALL back inside the cave, hoping to find something useful, when Emma found something on a wall.

"Whoa", she muttered and they all turned to look at the wall she was looking at.

"What is it?", David asked.

"It appears Neal marked his days trapped on this island", Hook said looking at the drawings on the wall.

"What's wrong?", Mary Margaret asked seeing Emma's look.

"Look here. Neal stopped counting", she said trailing her hands on the drawing.

"Because he got off the island", Mary Margaret said with a smile.

"He was here longer", Emma said.

"Then why would he-", David began asking but Emma cut him off.

"Because he lost hope", Emma said slowly.

"You got that from scribbles?", Regina asked her.

"I got that because it's what I did every time I went to a new foster home. Counted days until counting seemed pointless", Emma explained.

"You think the same things's happening to Henry", David said slowly.

"Pan said that it would", Emma told him with a small voice.

"Hey, we're going to rescue him", David assured her.

"Yeah, I know that. And you know that. But Henry doesn't know that. Pan wants him to lose faith", Emma said worriedly standing up straighter.

"So what? You want to send him a message? Because I haven't seen a Neverland post office. What are you suggesting?", Regina asked her.

"We take a page from Pan. And we start being clever. We need to send a simple sign. A sign that we're coming", Emma told her.

"With Lost Boys running around trying to kill us all?", Regina asked her confused.

"Yeah, maybe it's time we use that to our advantage", Mary Margaret suddenly said.

"How?", Regina asked her.