Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Third POV

As Aim tossed and turned, her mind on her pack and her future, several things were happening all at once.

Within the same walls of the little rogue, Alpha Damien Kapoor stalked in front of a dungeon cell, his fists clenching and unclenching as he glanced over to glare at the man who simply seemed to smirk back at him.

"Something wrong," Nyx questioned the glaring male on the other side of his cage.

Damien snarled in response, his fists making contact with the silver metal bars. The smell of burning flesh made him pull back, however his glaring eyes never left Nyx's face.

"Temper, temper. With a quick-to-anger personality like that you won't last five minutes with her."

Damien closed his eyes, reigning his instincts to destroy what seemed to occupy the mind of the female he intended to engage a permanent relationship with.

"I don't understand what you are to her," Damien growled out, his eyes flashing gold. "You are no longer her alpha, she has broken your dominance over her by destroying an alpha on her own and yet you rule her thoughts."

Nyx raised an eyebrow. "Do I?"

Damien's fists moved to slam against the bars, as if perhaps he would be able to make contact with the wolf who was shielded behind them.

"She only asks about you... Now that she knows you are still breathing you are all that occupies her mind. What are you to her?"

Nyx snorted, the action reminding Damien of the little rogue, making jealousy seethe up into his chest.

"I'm her friend, you counsel pet," Nyx spoke out coldly. "I'm her alpha, one she chose of her own free will when her original alpha burned down her home with her mother still screaming inside it – and all because he was hoping to get rid of a mistake he had fathered."

Damien pulled away from the prison cell, his eyes widening in shock. The little rogue had been fathered by an alpha? An alpha who had tried to then burn her to death in her own home with her mother?

Nyx smirked. "Get it now, do you? Why Aim hates alphas. But there is something she hates more than alphas..." Nyx almost whispered to himself, Damien's head snapping to attention.

"There is a reason Aim isn't my mate, my luna-"

Damien snarled at Nyx, his eyes flashing a brilliant amber gold at the way Nyx spoke about Aim being mates – being luna of the rogue wolf's pack.

Nyx rolled his eyes. "She won't ever be anyone's luna. She won't ever accept an alpha mate. Not when the burned corpse of her mother had been a gift to one."

Damien felt the cold of the concrete against his back as he slid down the wall opposite of the prison cell, his head lulling backwards.

"Do you get it now? Our relationship, what I am to her? I'm her chosen alpha, her best friend. I am the closest thing to a mate her inner animal acknowledges and even still I am not allowed to have her because of my own status. My entire pack acknowledges her as luna, respects her as my mate – hell we even have a child toge-"

Damien's head shot up to stare at Nyx. "W-what did you say?"

Nyx smirked. "Aim and I, we have a child together."

Damien frowned, but inside his beast wanted to tear the man limb from limb.

"You lie. She would have called for you when she was in heat. The doctor's wife checked her when she was unconscious, Aim is still pure. She doesn't have a child with you."

Nyx snarled at the idea that someone had touched Aim without her knowledge, and his eyes sharpened until he felt the urge to shift, telling him to reign back his emotions. "Ask her then, ask her about our daughter, ask her about Rosie."

Damien snarled back at Nyx, his hands clenching into fists as he stormed back up into the mansion above. He knew better than to go demand things of the little rogue, but he had to know – had to know if she had bore that damned rogue a child. Instead of going to Aim's room however, he headed towards the infirmary.

Meanwhile...

His prize was coming. Everything was falling into place for him and his pack. Soon he would have his luna and then he would gain allies. When everything was ready he would overthrow that pathetic counsel of old men. He would reshape the werewolf society into a truly united force.

The sounds of a vehicle coming caused him to perk up a bit, a member of his pack contacting him through the pack link, telling him his prize had arrived. Grinning devilishly, he made his way out of his temporary home at the moment.

As the car came to a stop, he watched as the back doors were opened and not one but two women were pulled from the back, their bodies limp due to the drugs running in their system to keep them sedated. However, as he moved to inspect them, his face grew angered and a terrifying snarl rose from his chest. Neither woman had the raven locks or smooth pale caramel flesh he had been expecting. Neither were the prize he had demanded for selling out two of the strongest rogue alphas in the country – hell one of them was one of the fucking alphas he had sold out!

"Where is she," he growled out at his wolves who had delivered the two girls. Moving at lightning speed, he shifted one of his hands into claws and rammed it into one of the male wolves' stomach, a fatal and painful wound.

"Where is my luna?!"

At that moment, Max blinked, coming to, her eyes landing on the screaming alpha and her face paling as if she had seen a ghost – or perhaps a miserable excuse of a friend.

"T-Tanner?!"