Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

               The whole ride to the boarder of the Winter Falls pack territory, I kept glancing back at the restless wolves sitting in my back seat as well as making sideways glances towards Nyx. I don’t know what was going on with those three, perhaps it was nerves or excitement, but they had been wiggly, sniffing, and snorting for the past couple hours and I had just about had enough of the annoying antics. Each time one would shift about it was scrapping sandpaper on my ears. An hour ago I had resorted to turning the radio up high but even that couldn’t seem to drown the three males out as though I were hypersensitive to whatever the hell they were doing.

               Suddenly I jerked the car over to the side, Nyx had somehow crawled over the bloody center console and jabbed his nose right into my stomach causing the wolves behind me to let out low growls before they even snapped at each other. Not knowing what the hell was going on, I hit the automatic unlock and jerked my seatbelt the hell off before getting out of the car, slamming my door. We really didn’t have time for this shit, but I couldn’t take it anymore, my temper had reached the limit the moment a grown wolf had stuck his muzzle against my soft side.

               “Alright you mutts, I am going to open your doors-“

               All three wolves weren’t even listening to me. They were too busy eyeing one another as though there was going to be a fucking bar brawl of wolf fur in that cramped ass car I had to drive. Note to self, force someone to give me a truck to drive on the next raid.

               Stomping over, I jerked one of the backseat doors open, ignoring the fact that this was probably looking very confusing to any humans driving past. Turning on my left heel, I rounded the damn car and jerked the other two doors open as well.

               “Get the fuck out.”

               Now that seemed to catch the three’s attention as they looked at me like I had grown a bloody wolf head on my shoulder.

               “I said get out. I don’t know what the hell is going on, but we are close enough you can fucking run to the rest of the pack. And don’t even fucking start whining.”

               The three of them growled at me, then turned on one another snapping and snarling before climbing out of the car. “Get to the fucking meeting point-“glancing at Nyx, I added a quiet “please” to the end of my sentence. Watching them go, I slammed the open doors closed and climbed back into the driver seat. Three furred bodies vanished in the underbrush as I pressed my foot on the accelerator, smirking at the silence other than the radio as I drove half a mile down the highway before taking a right onto an old dirt road towards the meeting area. Hopefully the run there had given Nyx time to cool off and give me an explanation for what the hell had crawled up his ass and infected his brain.  

               Cold was jumping up and down when I parked the car, her tail wagging like crazy and her eyes holding a strange gleam of excitement that made them almost shine like a cat’s reflecting light. By now, darkness had fallen for over an hour, and I couldn’t help but be thankful for my beefed up vision. How humans handled being blind prey at night was beyond my understanding.

               Climbing out and stretching, I noticed several wolf muzzles lift into the air and sniff it as though something had caught their attention. Frowning, I took in a deep breath, but all I could smell was wet and rotting foliage, a few animals here and there, and the overpowering musk of werewolf. I was beginning to believe the male of my species had all drank some kind of kool-aid their minds weren’t coming back from, especially when they turned their eyes towards me and Cold, taking steps towards us before Nyx came out of nowhere and glowered at everyone.