Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

"Miss Aim, please tell us your last name. We have come into some interesting information on you, and it would only be right if we checked your background for the sake of the pack."

I glared at the old man before me. He had been at it for an hour now, trying to get me to tell him who my parents were, what my name really was, what pack I had come from. I had been agonizing over my future and pack-mates when he had burst into the room all red-faced and rambling nonsense about breeding and pedigree.

Alright, so he hadn't used those specific terms, but in truth that is what this whole hour has been about. They wanted to know what kind of bloodline would be added to the pack I was being forced to join. Obviously the man wasn't a council member but an elder of the pack. He seemed agitated to be asking me so many questions without my proper respect towards him, but wouldn't order my respect.

"My name is Aim. I don't have a last name. I have only one pack to which I call home and the alpha of that pack is Nyx."I stared at the wall over the old man's shoulder, uninterested in this conversation.

"Forgive me, Aim, but we need to know the true pack you come from, not that brainwashing Mongrel's-"

I growled, my eyes moving to glare at the old man, my hands beginning to tremble and shake as my instincts demanded I teach the disrespectful prick a lesson. The old man jumped away from me suddenly, his face going ash-white and his eyes dancing from me to the bedroom door as if he would suddenly make his escape.

"Nyx is my alpha and I suggest for your sake that you never insult him in front of me again." With each word I unconsciously got closer to the old man until his back had hit the wall behind him and my chest brushed against him, vibrating from the growling that accompanied my words.

The old man yelped at the feeling of contact between us, his sudden action taking me by surprise and causing me to step away for him, giving him just enough space that he made a run for it, bolting to the bedroom door and yanking it open. His escape was blundered however due to the tall and intimidating alpha who stood in the doorway, eyes hooded and body taunt with irritation.

"A-alpha Kapoor, please forgive me," the old man tried to straighten himself out as he spoke to Damien, however I couldn't help but snicker as the alpha jerked the old man out of his way and stepped into the room, slamming the door.

Sighing, I moved back to the bed and sat down cross-legged.

"What do you want," I asked bluntly.

Damien moved closer to me, his face a mask I couldn't understand. However I wouldn't back down and cower. I had been locked up in bedrooms for God only knows how many days and I was damn well sick of it. If he wanted to get into a fight with me, then at least it would be a change of pace.

"Well? Are you going to tell- What the hell?"

I screeched as Damien suddenly jerked me to his chest and crushed his nose into the crook of my neck sniffing restlessly.

"Whoa, down boy, down! Hey – Get the fuck off me will you?"

I pushed and struggled in his grip, irritated that I couldn't break free as his fingers dug into my arms no doubt leaving marks.

"Hey Fido, get the fuck off me already, that hurts!"

I began to thrash about more, jerking my body in the opposite direction of the man when he suddenly shoved me flat on my back and crawled on top of me, using his weight to hold me in place.

"Do you have a child?"

I blinked. Wh-what had he just asked me?His deep growl brought my attention back to his face, his lips almost turned up in a snarl.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Do you have a child? A daughter named Rosie?"

My face went as ash-white as the old man who had been in here before. How had they found out about Rosie? Was she ok? Had they hurt her? Oh god she was alive wasn't she?

At the thought of Rosie being harmed, my inner animal began to make me struggle all over again with the need to fight to get to what we considered our pup. Feeling my sudden struggle getting stronger thanks to the rush of adrenaline rushing through me, Damien snarled, his grip on my wrists tightening until it was painful and his teeth elongating. Still, I was so worried about Rosie I refused to give an inch, even when his feral expression began to drip saliva onto my left cheek – which was really gross.

"Where is she," I screamed as I struggled under him, jerking my wrists so much that I heard one of them crack, a bone no doubt snapping. Still my mind was focused on the pup and I was willing to break as my bones of mine as it took to get to her.

"How?" I glared at him as the pressure on my wrists lessened and Damien sat back, the golden glow of his eyes fading away as he stared down at me.

"How do you have a child... They said there wasn't any way that you could have..."

My brows furrowed. What the hell was he going on about? Did he have Rosie or didn't he?

"Where is Rosie? Where do you have her?"I struggled to get him off me more and just as before he came slamming against me, his hands tightening once more on my wrists and his face nuzzling into the right crook of my neck.

"How... How can you have a child," he murmured into my skin.

I closed my eyes a moment as his scent suddenly invaded my nose, my struggles going slack. "What on earth are you going on about," I mumbled as I tried to focus on anything but that musky spicy coffee smell.

"You have a child with that mutt. Even though they swear you are unmated, untouched even, he said you had a child together."

"Are you talking about Nyx?"As his name passed my lips, Damien growled, his chest vibrating so much from the harshness of it that I had to ignore the strange sudden feeling that fluttered in my stomach.

"Don't say his name... Never say his name!"

"Dude... get the fuck off me and chill out. Nyx and I-"

Damien snarled, his teeth grazing my skin suddenly causing me to panic. "Ge-get off! I'll explain so get off alright?! Nyx is-"

I screamed as razor teeth sliced through my skin, Damien's jaw clenching so hard I though he may break something. At my scream, there was pounding on my bedroom door before it burst open, several men growling only to stop and gawk at my tear stricken face.

"Alpha Damien-"

Someone started to speak but Damien just growled, his bite tightening even more causing my whimpers to turn into another scream. Another person came flying into the room only to shove everyone out, his face fearful at seeing such a barbaric display by his alpha.

Only when the door closed did Damien slacken his hold on my neck, allowing the welling blood around his bite to unleash from the lessening of pressure. Hot rivets of my blood began to pool around me, matting in my hair and sticking to my clothes. The air in the room began to fill with that sweet metallic scent that drew predator to prey causing Damien to fully release me and sit back quickly, his eyes widening at the damage he had inflicted.

"I-I'm so sorry! I-I wasn't in control- Somebody get the pack doctor in here now!"

All I could do was stare at his stricken face, my body unable to fight against him as my limbs grew heavy and my sight began to dance with black spots. The door to the room flew open once more and the doctor rushed to the bed just as Damien crawled off me and continued to stare in horror at what he had done.

"I..."

Damien leaned in, trying to hear what I had to say as I stared at him emotionlessly.

"I ha..."

He gulped and my vision swam more, but if I was going to die, I was going to tell him off first.

"I hat... hate y-you, y-you s-son of a-"

The room went dark and the last thing I heard was a mournful howl.