The kind of life I never wanted

Russo's POV
Smoking had been one of my stress relievers.
I was so short tempered and what happened earlier made me upset.

Was smoking outside the house when Harper came and snatched the cigar from me and started smoking.
"I didn't take you for a smoker"
"If you worked two jobs to pay off your dad's gambling you would smoke too"
"That's how you ended up on auction? You were in debt?"
"No not me my dad was so he sold me off worst part  he would probably blow it all away again on the craps table"

I was quiet because I didn't know what to say to her.
She laughed"not that you care, gunfire, auction, gambling it's just all an average day for you "
"Not the kind of day you can get used to,I wasn't born into this mess I sure hell wouldn't have chosen it"
"Really?how do you want your life to look like Russo?"
"I could tell you or I could show you"

I led her inside the garden house where I grew the flowers.
"You grew all of this?"
"Don't act so shocked,I might have staff but I can take care of myself"
"They're beautiful,is this what you meant when you said you wanted a different life?"
"Yeah everything is just more peaceful out here,my father dug up my last garden told me it was a waste of time so this one is a secret and when I wanted to follow my dream to become a doctor he couldn't let me"

I looked at Harper who was smiling.
"Well your dad might disagree but I think this suits you much better it's beautiful Russo so beautiful"

I looked at her and held her hand.
I got closer to her and kissed her gladly she responded.
I led her to my room without our lips departing.

I pushed the door open with my leg.
Her hands around my neck.