Family Dinner

Russo's POV
The day had been hectic I couldn't believe Evelyn had to do what she did to get back at me for loving Harper.

I was on phone with my brother.
Even though we talked I was uninterested.
"Russo listen dad is taking us out for dinner tonight oh yeah you should bring that little thing ....what's her name?"
"Harper?you know how he'd react Marco"
"Oh relax it'll just be a casual little thing with the four of us..I introduce my high school girlfriend to him once and she's still alive somewhere and hey you have to introduce her at some point it'll be fine okay"

I ended the call and somehow he was right.I was in love with Harper not Sofia and I just had to talk to dad about her.

I went to the bedroom to get ready.
I wore a navy blue tuxedo and a long sleeved white shirt.
Just when I was buttoning up the shirt Harper came in.
She was wearing an orange flayed dress.
She looked beautiful.

"Are you sure I look okay to meet your father?Do you think he's gonna like me?"
"It's just dinner nothing fancy you look great, promise and don't panic"

We walked in the restaurant hand in hand.Even though I was with her Harper looked worried and scared.

My father turned to look our way that made Harper much more scared.
"Perfect timing Russo your fiancee just got here,did I forget to mention she was coming?"...

Not just her,her entire family was there.
Her mom,dad her brother,her sister.
I was disgusted that I felt like going back.
My girl became uncomfortable.

"Marco this is not what I had in mind when you said family dinner"
"I said we were having dinner the Mancinis just happen to be here,Mr and Mrs Mancini my sis Russo is here"
"And who did he bring?"Mr Mancini asked.
"It's no body of concern,isn't that right Russo?"dad answered.

That hurt me.
She could mean nothing to him but she was my girl I was in love with her.
"This is my date tonight her name is Harper"
"Is this some sort of joke?I thought we are here to discuss my and your daughter's marriage"Mr Mancini said.
"Of course we are,my daughter is just a little touched she has a strange sense of humor...get rid of her now Russo"my dad said.

"This is not a joke and while we are all here let me be straight forward,I don't plan on marrying your daughter"....