Chapter 2

When Mihrimah was old enough to live alone, she strategically had a Marquee made near the Bey' tent, the healing tent and the kitchen.

''That girl. She has so many dresses lying around, and the only thing she is wearing is her armour.''

Eva turned to the older woman and smiled at the comment. Selcan Hatun had asked Eva to accompany her to find some proper clothes to the young woman. Otherwise, she would spend time looking for a dress all day long. Mihrimah was good at combining clothes, when she prepared herself for missions. But when it comes to social gathering, she had a hard time knowing what to wear as some of her dresses looked more extravent than the other.

But Selcan also wanted to test Eva as she had only recently sided with the Kayi Tribe. Not that she was doubting Serdar's judgement, but she couldn't help herself. Selcan has met many kind of people, and wanted to judge Mihrimah's new aide herself. Like Serdar had been speaking of many times, Mihrimah also needed someone else to assist her. He often insinuated it to be a woman, as he couldn't help Mihrimah in those areas.

''What about the green one? I had always thought that green suits Mihrimah very well.''

Eva looked at the green dress Selcan Hatun had put on the bed. But as much as Eva knew her Mistress, the dress was a little to fancy, as Mihrimah would have said.

''I don't think that my Mistress would want to wear that dress. Even though it is very beautiful.''

Selcan looked at the greek woman and pondered about her answer. She knew that Eva was right in her judgement, but was still intrigued why she was giving her that particular answer.

''I think that you're onto something. But may I ask why you think such?''

Eva stiffened a little but answered regardless. ''Of course, Selcan Hatun. I might not have known Mihrimah for a long time. And of course, Serdar also told me things about her. But my Mistress doesn't seem the type to wear dresses that can outshine Malhun Hatun or Bala Hatun for example. She also asked me if she should prepare some clothes of my preference and have them made. She said: ''In this Tribe we might have different preferences, but even so we are one and not only because we fight for the same Cause.'' ''

''It made me realize how different Mihrimah truly is from many of the residents in the Tribe. And that I wasn't mistaken to pledge my loyalty to her, and I never had any doubts about it.''

Selcan smiled at the woman and the dedication to Mihrimah. ''Then what kind of dress do you think we should choose?''

Eva turned around and found a white dress with a green underdress. ''It might be white, which isn't a strategic colour for Mihrimah. But it is made slightly short so it doesn't touch the ground and won't get dirty. I can imagine that we will be sitting most of the time, if not taking a stroll through the Tribe. And the green underdress matches with one of her scarfs that can be attached to her head piece.''

''Masallah kizim.'' Selcan smiled. ''I think that Mihrimah would agree too, but you'll have to give her the same explanation first. She isn't very good at keeping white clothes clean.''

After Eva's explanation Mihrimah had changes into the white dress without protest and left to meet her family in front of the Bey' tent. Her aunt Ayşe Hatun was the first to notice. ''Masallah kizim.'' Mihrimah smiled proudly. ''You have to thank Eva for the choice of dress, yengye.''