Chapter 10

A/N - Editing pictures, because I don't know what else to find for the chapter. 😅

Mihrimah was currently in Sögüt with Sheikh Edebali and one of his dervishes, Akça Derviş. They had gotten word that the Vizier would like to talk with Sheikh Edebali.

Mihrimah had a blue dress on along with a matching scarf on her head.

''Are you going to let him know of our plans to go to Konya, Sheik'im?''

''Yes, I want to evaluate his nature more closely, my dear.''

Mihrimah couldn't do anything but to sigh and nod and then the Vizier arrived. His commander too, Konur.

She looked at him and was lost in thought for a second until the Vizier greeted her and the Sheikh.

''Sheikh Edebali. Mihrimah.'' He then sat on one of the rugs made of lamb fur, overfor Sheikh Edebali, who had Mihrimah and Akça Derviş sit by his side. Konur sat beside the Vizier.

''I have walked around Sögüt. The town is astonishing. I have also recognized the work of Mihrimah. The merchants praised her and Osman Bey a lot.'' he said, Mihrimah only nodded curtly.

''I see now how Osman Bey is the hope of these frontiers and you are the light of Oghuz. I expected the land where you lived to be more prosperous. I'm sorry to say this, but I couldn't find what I expected in Sögüt. It has many deficiencies*.''

''There will always be deficiencies, where people live.'' Sheikh Edebali began. ''But a mature man will always see it as complete. Whoever is deficient, always sees deficiencies, everywhere he goes.''

Vizier Alemshah noted that Sheikh Edebali spoke of him, but couldn't speak against him. ''You are right about your words, Sheikh Edebali. But seeing isn't enough. The state demands that the deficiencies in Sögüt, shall be filled during our absence. So your words shall enlighten our way.'' The Vizier said. Mihrimah's jaw tightened, but it would be too improper to make a scene now. She hated it the most, when the Vizier looked at her. Konur could see her hate towards the Vizier, who finished his statement. ''We should walk together.''

As always the Sheikh noticed this. ''As long as Allah lets me live, I will walk in the path of Him. We like what He likes. We stay away from what He dislikes.''

The Vizier didn't say anything but stood up. ''We should go now. We will meet again, anyway.''

''If Allah allows us, we will meet. But you have come, and yet we are leaving soon. We'll take your regards to Konya too, Vizier Alemshah. Young Mihrimah will also accompany me too Konya. I believe, she has one more thing to learn, before I let go of as my student.''

''Is that so? That would please me. What are you going to Konya for?''

''I'm going to see our friends.'' Sheikh gave him a short answer and stood up. Akça Derviş and Mihrimah stood up too.

''I will be here. We'll meet, when you're back then. Have a safe journey.''

''EyvAllah.'' the Sheikh said, and then turned to Mihrimah. ''My dear, you should go too. Akça Derviş and I will prepare the rest for our journey in a couple of hours.''

Mihrimah scowled at him, but he only motioned with his head to listen to him. She sighed and put a hand to her chest. ''Taman, Sheikh'm. I have to wrap up the rest of my duties before we leave anyway.''