Chapter 7

Warning: mention of torture and death.

Longer chapter.

In the past few days, Mihrimah stayed in Sögüt to attend to the merchants and today was the day, she was to return to the tribe.

In these past few days, many events had been happening. Osman and his alps were caught in an explosion, and there were casualties. Boran was taken prisoner by Rogatus and Julia in the process, as he was Osman's most trusted alp. Mari was about to be taken by her brother and Nikola, who wanted to take her to his castle in Inegol. Turgut was saved by Malhun and Kumrul Abdal and some alps from Nikola, who was torturing the bey in front of Mari. Mari too was saved in the process.

Malhun and Kumral Abdal managed to get the tortured Turgut to the healing tent and Mari was taken care of the Hatuns. At the same time, Osman and the alps returned with the fallen brothers. Their family where devastated.

At Inegol Castle, Boran too was tortured not only physically but also mentally. His torturer, Julia taunted him with his wife's Gonca death and how Julia killed her, and eventually caused him to have a mental breakdown.

Across the plains, banners with the eagle of Seljuk fluttered, while horsemen held on to them proudly. A commander, who was riding in front of his master's carriage stopped up, when they arrived at the highest point of the plain. His master stepped out of the said carriage and the commander greeted his master, Vizier Alemshah. Sultan Mesud's Vizier. The Vizier and his most trusted commander, Konur, distanced themselves a little from the other soldiers. Vizier Alemshah looked over the land before him and spoke. ''The land of fertility, Rome. You're being crushed under the reign of chaos. You need order. And that order needs a powerful head and I will be that head. The Vizier off Mighty Seljuk, Alemshah.''

He continued to look over the land. ''From now on, these frontiers are under my command.''

At the same moment, Commander Konur took a step towards the Vizier. ''Did you let Tekfur Nikola know that I would visit him?''

''I sent a messenger, My Vizier. Lord Nikola is waiting for you.''

''I will go to the Kayi Tribe and then see him. I will see this rebel called Osman, who I often hear of. And not to mention the kin of Sultan Mesud. Osman's niece, Mihrimah Turhan Sultan.''

Mihrimah strode through Sögüt to speak with the last of the merchants, before she left for the tribe. She needed to check in with them, if they need anything before winter arrives.

Lastly she arrived to the blacksmith of Sögüt. ''Kolay Gelsin*''

''Thank you, Mihrimah Hatun*''

''I was doing rounds around stalls and wondered if you need anything before winter arrives?''

''Eyvallah, Mihrimah Hatun.'' the blacksmith said. ''I don't need anything. The material you got for me last time was more than enough. Look at all the weapons I managed to forged thanks to you.''

''Eyvallah.'' Mihrimah said courteously and inspected the weapons. ''Mashallah, it's because men of your talent, we can strife in battle. What would the alps do without your swords.''

''Thank you, Mihrimah.''

''Have a good day.''

As she was on her way to the stables, she spotted a beautiful scarf, with daisies, her favorite flower, and bought it. It make her think of a conversation Sheikh Edebali and Bala had with her.