Chapter 18

A/N - Sorry for not posting yesterday, I am packing as I am going to move soon, so I was tired to even write anything.

I don't know how much I'll be able to post, but I think that there will at least one chapter released one of these days.

Warning: Near death experience by hanging

It was finally time.

Osman Bey was to be hanged.

And Mihrimah patiently awaited for this very moment.

She looked at the gallow with a solemn expression, which was carefully prepared for this day.

Osman had arrived in Bilecik in order to confront Vizier Alemshah and tried to kill him. He failed as he was caught by the Seljuk soldiers, who were holding his alps, who had accompanied him, hostages.

Kosses too was revealed as a traitor.

But to her that wasn't as important as Osman finally being caught.

In the meantime Turgut Bey and Mari got married in Harmankaya Castle.

But that wasn't a priority either for Mihrimah right now.

Her priority was to watch someone experience a heavy blow.

And then she could finally return to the Kayi tribe, where her roots lied.

Finally, everyone would have some peace and quiet for some time.

She knew that Osman couldn't resist the message she casually delivered to Davut Usta, while she was in Sögüt.

Looking back, she thought that she did a great job, drawing Osman to Bilecik, resulting in his execution.

While she was taking a stroll through the bazaar of Sögüt, Konur was accompanying her as Alemshah warned that the merchant might take their anger out on her, so it would be good to have someone by her side.

And she also wanted out of the inn to get some fresh air. It had started to suffocate her, as she hardly ever left it.

As they walked through the gate to the bazaar, all stands were closed. Mihrimah figured that it was a sign of protest against Vizier Alemshah, because he imprisoned Sheikh Edebali.

They stepped into the gazebo and were met by Davut Usta, who noticed Konur's confused look of the situation, and didn't acknowledge Mihrimah's presence.

''Stores won't be opened until Edebali gets out of the dungeon.'' Davut Usta stated determinant.

''You are rebelling. You can't do that.'' Konur countered, but Davut Usta stood by his statement. ''You captured my Sheikh. Do you think we would keep trading?''

''Do you think everyone's the same? Sheikh Edebali might be in the dungeon. But I will not let anything happen to him. Whoever tries to hurt him will face me.''

''Where were you when the Vizier captured the Sheikh.'' Davut Usta accused and took a step closer to Konur. ''Think carefully. Are you with Haqq, or the falsehood?''