Chapter 21

A/N - maybe confessions are in order, in this chapter👀

Sheikh Edebali and Kumral Abdal held a 'funeral' for Selcan, to convince Alemshah that she really had died.

Celali had been ordered to question the Hatuns, who were with the 'deceased' Selcan. He abruptly entered the room and started to demand answers. Then Konur came and stopped Celali from questioning them, saying not to be disrespectful.

Konur, as instructed by Mihrimah dropped the the folded scarf with the message in it, in front of the room, where the Hatuns where. Osman had managed to sneak into the room, where Selcan laid alive, but still weak from her injury. He read about Mihrimah's worries about the third person involved. Someone, who Alemshah visited regularly, but didn't say anything about to Mihrimah. She also mentioned of her plan to make people believe that Selcan had died of her injuries, and he agreed with the plan. As for the third person involved with Vizier Alemshah, Osman had long guessed that he and Geyhatu worked together.

Now Osman had managed to sneak into the inn, where he had confronted Vizier Alemshah and injured him. As he was about to kill him, soldiers entered the room and intervened. Even if Osman managed to knock them out, more was about to come, so he didn't have a choice but to leave the inn.

Alemshah took the opportunity to leave a fake blood trail and then entered a hidden passage that was connected to his room.

At the same moment Geyhatu also arrived in Sögüt with his soldiers and surrounded the inn. But Osman nevertheless left the inn to meet with Geyhatu, in order to see what he wanted. Seeing that his soldiers weren't hostile and didn't try to break in the inn, he figured that Geyhatu had something on his mind.

When arriving before Geyhatu, he saw Ferman stand by his side.

Geyhatu and Osman talked about Vizier Alemshah, and that Osman knew that they were working together. But Geyhatu wanted Alemshah alive too.

Seljuk soldiers, along with Celali and Konur also arrived in Sögüt and observed the conversation between the two leaders of Turks and Mongols.

Osman then returned to the inn and was informed by his Alps that they couldn't find Vizier Alemshah. They eventually managed to get out of Sögüt, but not before Osman was met by his brother Gunduz. The brothers exchanged their own perspectives about the situation and parted ways, not having made up and still angry at each other. Gunduz also found out that Selcan wasn't dead in the first place, and that all of it was a trick.

Some time after Konur and Boran had gone to the woods, in order to kill the Mongol soldiers, who were after Osman.

Inside her tent adorned with colorful rugs and cushions, Mihrimah sat cross-legged on the floor. Her eyes sparkled with joy as she played with little Orhan. He giggled, as his hands reachined out to grab at the intricate patterns on Mihrimah's dress.

Ayşe, Mihrimah's aunt, sat beside her, she smiled as she watched her niece entertain the child. ''He has such a bright spirit.'' Ayşe remarked, her voice filled with warmth. ''Just like his mother.''

Mihrimah nodded with a fond smile on her lips. ''Yes, he does. Malhun has done a wonderful job raising him, despite everything.''

Ayşe reached out to gently stroke Orhan's cheek. ''It's a shame she's been separated from him. A mother and child should never be apart.''