Chapter 17

A/N

I have been busy with work this week, so I haven't had the chance to do any writing. Therefore you'll get an update today and tomorrow (and maybe on sunday) for making up for this week chapters.

The next day, Mihrimah was quieter than usual. Everyone in the inn noticed this.

Ever since her encounter with Osman, she had been in deep thought, she had even forgotten how much she hated to eat breakfast with the Vizier.

The sight of Osman's wounded expression and the pain in his eyes weighed heavily on Mihrimah's heart. Though she knew that her actions had been necessary, she could not shake the sense of guilt that gnawed at her insides.

Lost in her thoughts, Mihrimah did not notice the footsteps descending down the stairs, nor the concerned gaze of Vizier Alemshah as he sat down across her. ''Mihrimah.'' Alemshah spoke. ''Are you alright?''

Mihrimah started at the sound of Alemshah's voice, which snapped her back to the present moment. ''I am fine, Alemshah.'' Mihrimah dismissed his question. ''Just... lost in thought, that's all.''

''I understand.'' Alemshah said. ''Yesterdays event was only to distract me from Osman, who managed to save his alps. I'll make sure that Celali teaches everyone of them a lesson, that they will never forget.''

''I see... Wait what?... Celali? Who is he?''

''Aside from Konur and Ferman, one of my most trusted men. Ah, there he is.''

Mihrimah looked confused and then looked up at a man, who was about Alemshah's age. The whip on side didn't go unnoticed by Mihrimah.

Mihrimah spend most of her time in her chambers that day. She wasn't in the mood to do anything, unless it was needed, and she didn't feel like seeing anyone either. She couldn't even do so much as her palm still was healing.

Mihrimah was thirsty, but Hatice Hatun wasn't around, so she took it upon herself to get some water.

Just as she left her chambers, she heard some of the Seljuk soldiers, whispering amongst themselves.

''...according to Vizier Alemshah, Sheikh Edebali helped Osman...''

"...dangerous to keep him around..."

"...imprisoned in the dungeons..."

Mihrimah's blood ran cold of what she had just heard. Sheikh Edebali, the Light of Oguz was imprisoned by none other than Vizier Alemshah. Though she could hardly believe it, she knew that she could not afford to ignore it..

She knew that time was of the essence if she was to save Sheikh Edebali from whatever fate Alemshah had in store for him. Then, she remembered Celali and his whip, which made Mihrimah more worried.

Silently slipping through the halls of the inn, her senses were on high alert. She would be in much trouble, if she was caught.

As she neared the dungeons, Mihrimah could hear the faint sound of footsteps echoing. A sign that she wasn't alone. Steeling herself for what lay ahead, she hid in a gap between two stone columns.

As she was holding her breath, she went completely stiff. She was too scared to both move and breathe. Then, Celali passed looking quite annoyed for some reason.