Chapter 9: The Cosmic Ocean

Leo and I found out that the Holo room can also be used as an interactive simulator of some kind. We took the chance to recreate the original dojo with a hologram of Splinter talking to us. And though it wasn't actually him, his comfort and presence felt like it was there. We've been using the simulator a lot more lately whenever we've been feeling down and just needing some guidance.

We're all still so young but have been through so much. Sometimes it gets hard and that grip on hope starts slipping from your grasp. You wish you could control it, but you can't.

Leo and I were currently in the Holo room, again, talking to father as I petted the head of my little companion, Boris. It felt so comforting to be able to have my little pet here in my hands, even if he isn't real.

"My son and daughter, what is it that troubles you." The hologram of our father asked.

"Sensei. We've faced defeat before, but we've always managed to fight back and overcome it. This is different. We've got one chance to save the Earth. If we don't get the second piece of the black hole generator, we've lost everything. And it'll be on me." Leo explained, a look of guilt and fear written on his face.

"Leo, don't say that. We're in this together. You're not alone." I reassured him, placing my hand on his as I laid my head on his shoulder to comfort him.

He leaned in closer to my touch, seeming to have calmed down a little but the look of guilt was still on his face.

"You both must not give in to despair. You all must remain diligent to save the Earth."

"But, Sensei, what if we can't?" Leo asked.

"You must hold on to hope. And with that hope, you must lead by example. You are all truly worthy heroes. And no matter what may come, you have all made me very proud." Father said with a smile.

Leo finally smiled back in return, looking back down at me as I smiled up at him as well. He turned back to look at father and bowed his head. "Hai, Sensei."

Sadly, the timer on the simulator had ended, meaning that the holograms immediately disappeared which meant that father and Boris were now gone until the next time we talk to them. I looked down at my now empty hands, still feeling like I could still feel his fur against my skin. I had to hold back my tears that threatened to fall until Leo wrapped his arm around my shoulders, giving me a tight hug which I accepted gratefully.

I let out a shaky, heavy sigh before I stood up with his help and we made our way back to the main room, hearing the others talk from outside the doors.

"So, where's Leo and Myra? Or should I guess?" April asked.

"They're in the holo-room, talking to the simulator again." Donnie answered.

"Maybe it's not healthy talking to a hologram of Splinter all the time. I mean, I miss him too, but-"

"Leo and Myra just need him right now more than ever. They'll be okay." Mikey cut off Raph.

"In a way, they are talking to the real Splinter, at least your memories of him. The simulator is psychic, and can respond. It's-"

"Not the same thing, Fugitoid!" Raph cut him off before he heard the doors open and we came walking out, acting like we didn't just hear them talking about us.

"Hey, how's it going, Leo buddy? Myra girl? Everything cool?" Casey asked before he was hit on the side by Raph, mentally telling him to shut up.

"Leonardo, Myrina! You've arrived just in time!" Fugitoid exclaimed.

"For what?" I asked.

"My friends, I present to you the Cosmic Ocean of Varuna." He steered the ship just as it stopped in front the beautiful oceanic planet that we all marveled at. "A vast interstellar liquid nebula in a region of space unlike any other in the universe. Here, within its depths, lies the second fragment of the black hole generator."