Chapter 15: City At War

It's been weeks since we saved Earth and stopped the black hole generator. Things have finally been cooling down. No more Triceratons. No more Kraang. And best of all, no more Shredder and his goons. They've completely disappeared from the city. Where are they? I'm not sure. But I'm not worried. So tonight, the night of the full moon, father is performing a very special initiation.
-Myrina

I finished writing down in my journal and let out a heavy sigh, looking down and smiling at Boris who was in my lap. "Today is a big day, little guy. Are you ready for the excitement?"

I got a squeak in return with I laughed at before getting up from my bed and getting dressed. But I was no longer in my shorts and hoodie combo. Oh no. Tonight was a big celebration. A new step up. So, it was time I changed my look.

The black patent leather jumpsuit really hugged my figure, the skin of my back and my collarbones being exposed. The long and flowy sleeves hung down and glided around me elegantly every time I moved. I had my tessens strapped to each side of my belt and fixed up my knee high boots. All I had to do left was braid my long hair which reached past my waist.

I smiled at myself in the mirror, noticing how much of a woman I was becoming. Just like my mom. I gave a small twirl, lightly frowning at the sight of my scarred puncture wounds I received from the alien scorpion the day I saved Mona Lisa. But I was going to wear these scars with pride.

I let out a deep breath and exited my room, noticing that April was awaiting outside the dojo where the guys were waiting for us to enter. I walked up to her, smiling at her new style as well. She wore a black and yellow jump suit which really suited her well.

"Whoa." Her eyes went wide when she got a good look at my new outfit. "You look absolutely beautiful."

"Thank you. It was my mother's. I thought today would be perfect to wear it. Father had saved it. And you look amazing as well. But, you nervous?"

"A little. Aren't you?"

"I am. But, I'm ready. We both are. We've been through so much. Seen many things no regular teenager has. So, let's do this and face these new challenges. Girl power?" I smirked as I held up my fist.

"Girl power." She nodded her head and gave me a fist bump.

We slowly headed up and entered inside the dojo, seeing all eyes were immediately on us. Donnie and Casey marveled at April while I could see Leo and Raph trying not to look at certain areas as we approached in front of father, sitting down on the ground. He greeted us and began to speak in Japanese, some of which I wasn't able to understand much, but I heard a little.

"This tanto represents the Dragon. Strong, fierce, intelligent. A dragon not only relies on its physical strength, but it's keen intellect as well. Be at one in spirit and body. Be like the dragon." Father said to April as he handed her a beautifully bladed tanto with engraved details.

"Hai, Sensei." She bowed her head, holding the tanto in hand.

"Myrina Hamato. This wakizashi sword represents the Fox. A cunning, swift, and powerful spirit. But also playful yet intelligent. Be one with body and mind. Be like the fox." He handed me the beautiful and slightly longer sword, trailing my eyes over the floral engraved details.

"Arigato gozaimasu, otosan." I bowed my head.

"April O'Neil. You are now a Kunoichi of the Hamato Clan. And Myrina Hamato, you extended far past your training than I could ever teach you. One day, you can become the master."

April and I both looked at each other with wide grins, trying to contain our excitement as father gave us a wide smile.

The guys all stood up and cheered loudly, helping us to our feet.