Chapter 20: Super Shredder

It's been a few days since what happened with Mikey taking April's crystal. We haven't been getting along but at least we're not fighting as much. Mostly because she hasn't been around in those few days. We took the time to just cool off until the guys felt that we were civil enough to just stay calm and stay out of each other's way.

I let out a deep breath, feeling much calmer as we all were in the dojo meditating with father.

"Focus. Do not let your attention flitter away from you. All random thoughts are transitory, like dreams. Let them disappear. Bask in the emptiness of the void." Father told us.

I felt myself fall deeper into the trance of darkness, feeling all that tension and anger I've been feeling towards April slipping away. That was until we were stopped.

"That is enough for today..." Father said.

"Really, sensei? Cause we only meditated for, like, ten minutes." Donnie stated.

"I am... not feeling very well." He replied.

"Father? Are you ok?" I asked. "You seem worried about something."

"My dream last night, it was very powerful. I fell into a vast pit, where I fought the Shredder. My memory is hazy, but I did not survive." He explained.

My eyes widen, not wanting to think of what horror he was thinking off. "But it was nothing. Just a dream. Right, father?" I asked, hoping that he would reassure me.

"Do not fret, my family. Dreams are often symbolic, not literal. I am not going anywhere." He stated with a smile.

I let out a sigh of relief and nodded my head before we all stood up and left the dojo, allowing father to meditate in peace for the time being.

We spent the rest of our time doing a few chores until the decided to watch that stupid tv show. I just got out my laptop and hung out with them in the living room, just enjoying the peace of the moment.

That was until father came storming out of the dojo and immediately turned off the tv, much to my confusion.

"Aw, Sensei! You're ruining our cartoon-a-thon!" Mikey whined.

"We're missing the best part!" Raph added.

"No, the best part is when you get your lazy shells off the floor and do something! Too much television is a poison that ruins both body and mind!" Father stated.

"We already cleaned our rooms and took out the trash. What do you-"

Leo was cut off when the lights in the whole lair suddenly went off and my laptop even powered off. I groaned in frustration and set it aside.

"Oh, great. Now what?" April groaned.

"I bet it's Donnie messing with some kind of experiment. Come on." Raph headed inside Donnie's lab as we tagged along to see what the scientist was up to. But to my surprise, he wasn't doing anything.

"I didn't do it. I'm checking the grid now. There's a pretty big power outage over ten square blocks, all the way up to Shredder's old lair." Donnie explained, checking over his still working computer.

"Sister!" I gasped.

"Go. See if she is alright." Father urged us.

"We will, father." I nodded before we all went running out of the lair and boarding inside the Shellraiser while I took Vectra, making our way to the familiar eerie old cathedral.

But I skid to a stop with the Shellraiser right behind when I saw something that I would never be able to forget. Karai was captured and chained with Bradford and Tiger Claw behind her. It was who was in front of her who had me shocked. It was Shredder. But he was.. stronger. Bigger. He was... a mutant! He has become everything he's ever loathed and hated.