Chapter 22: The Power Inside Them

It started out as a rainy night up on the surface while we were down in the lair. The harsh thundering and rain patter could almost be heard from underground if you listened hard enough. Donnie is preparing to examine April and I in regards to our recent increase in psychic powers as Leo watched.

I scowled as I had to wear that psychic neurotransmitter Donnie had created which I wasn't fond of. He even created an extra one for April to wear.

"Donnie? Are you sure this is a good idea?" Leo asked worriedly.

"Um, yeah. Last time you hooked me up to this thing, it made me blind and mentally connected to a giant fish-bird-worm thing and I also tried to eat Leo." I stated.

"And the fact that I didn't agree to this." April glared.

Yeah, we were still stuck in our old fighting ways and they weren't getting better. Harsh words were always thrown back and forth at each other whenever we got the chance.

"You think I like this? If I have to suffer then you're going down with me, O'Neil." I glared at her.

"I'll take you down first." She retorted.

"Weak comeback. I'll pound you into the ground like dust. I'll vaporize your mind." I threatened.

"Girls!" Donnie intervened. "See? This is why I have to do this. You both have been getting hostile lately and it makes sense considering you both started acting out when your powers suddenly grew stronger. I just need to see what's going on." Donnie said.

"Ugh, fine. But make it quick." I huffed.

"Don't worry. I've upgraded the transmitter since last time. It's perfectly safe, I promise. Your psychic powers have been expanding rapidly since you both were given the Aeon crystals. It's imperative I test its limits. For both your own sake." Donnie continued.

"We have it under control. Besides, if it weren't for my powers, we never would have gotten away from Shredder. You saw what I did to that mutated freak." April stated.

"And I was able to throw him around like a rag doll." I added.

"That's what worries us." Leo spoke up.

"Don't be. I'm perfectly fine. It's April who was going crazy that one time Donnie tried to test her crystal. And now she won't even take it off for anything. You'd probably sell your dad's soul before you ever give it up." I said, glaring harsher at her.

"I would not!" She yelled.

"Hmm. If I can replicate how this crystal increases y'all's powers, that could provide a frame of reference." Donnie suggested.

"Increase their powers?" Leo questioned worriedly.

"Don't worry. Only slightly. By maybe three percent?" He replied before turning on the machine and adjusting the frequency. "April, Myra, let me know if you feel anything. Okay? Tingling, headache."

"Donnie, we're fine." I reassured.

"Just leave the crystals- AHHHH!" April suddenly yelled crazily as her eyes went white and her hair began to flow up into the air.

Her Aeon crystal glowed brightly, its electrifying powers surging over to me which affected my Aeon crystals. My mind turned into a white haze as my eyes changed, but I could clearly see everything still. My hair fell out of its braid and flew around my figure like waves in the ocean.

April and I both stood up, whipping our heads around to face each turtle as they backed up in shock.

"I knew this was a bad idea!" Leo shouted before they both ducked for cover.