Chapter 14: Earth's Last Stand

The Ulixes came to a stop, steadily cruising along as we approached closer to the Milky Way Galaxy. Our home.

"Oh, look at it. The Milky Way in all of her ineffable glory." Donnie smiled.

"Yes! We're heading back to Earth!" Casey cheered.

"Master Splinter, New York City, pizza, Ice Cream Kitty! Whoo-hoo-hoo! Yeah!" Mikey exclaimed excitedly.

"I'll finally get to see dad again. Feels like it's been a lifetime." April added.

"And we'll also find my sister and finally bring her home." I stated.

"Guys, this isn't a celebration. We've got one last shot to stop the Triceratons, or we're not gonna have a home to go back to." Leo spoke up.

"Leonardo is correct. This is our final chance to capture the black hole generator. We cannot travel back in time again. If we fail, Earth is doomed." Fugitoid warned.

"We'll do whatever it takes to stop them, even if it means... sacrificing our lives." Raph stated.

My eyes widen in horror at the thought of all of us losing our lives. Or... some of us. I can't even bear to imagine that.

Chompy gave out a concerning squeak which Raph smiled out. "Ah, don't worry, little guy. I'm not going anywhere."

"You better assure that to me as well. I'm not losing you in this fight. Any of you." I spoke up, grabbing hold of his hand.

"You're not gonna lose me, princess. Not now, not ever." He lifted my chin up and gave me a smirk before leaning in to kiss me which I returned. "And once we're back home, I'll take you out on a date. A real date. Not in space. In the city."

I blushed at the thought of actually having the chance to finally have a proper date with him after dating each other for a while now. And it would be a great way to spend our free time and just relax after being in space for so long, dealing with a lot of problems. I'm ready to end this adventure. It's been fun, but I desperately want to rest.

The Ulixes traveled closer into our solar system, seeing that Earth wasn't far away from us.

"So how are we gonna take down the black hole generator if it's invulnerable to everything?" I asked.

"There is a way. But the entire Heart of Darkness must be destroyed. Not a single piece must remain." Fugitoid stated.

Though I couldn't help but notice that his tone was lower than before. Something felt off.

"What's wrong, Professor? I can sense you want to tell us something." April spoke up before I could.

"My friends, I must confess something to you, something I couldn't reveal until you got to know me better as a humanoid- err... android. You see, it was not the Kraang who invented the black hole generator. It was... I... who created it." He admitted.

We all widen our eyes in shock, not knowing that he was hiding this much deep information from us.

"You can't be serious!"

"No way!"

"Say it ain't true!"

"I originally developed the black hole generator as an energy source. But when Kraang Subprime offered me a huge price to buy it, I gave in. I was greedy. I didn't care what they wanted to use it for. It was all about money, all about financing my research. And then I realized what a terrible decision I had made." He explained.

"Fugitoid, how could you?! You.... you lied to us! Everything was a lie!" Leo shouted angrily and I had to hold him back from trying to pounce on the Professor.