𝟢𝟢𝟣,𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥

She wakes by a yell. Her eyes open fast, her attention immediately on. It's Gally who's yelling above her, telling her to get up and follow before he's pulled away from her.

That last thing for sure makes her get up.

Quickly, the girl jumps out of the helicopter. She checks if the gun and knife are still tucked in her pants, then starts running through the sand. As she does that, she also checks if every Glader is there.

They are. Camil's being helped by a guard, in fact.

She also recognizes the sounds around her. And the names coming out of the masked men's mouths: there's Cranks trying to attack them.

A side of her wants to grab the gun and help, but she decides to follow the rest inside of the enormous stone building.

Somehow, she'll find a way to escape out of that once she has told the rest it's still WCKD. Bad people, since after all, it wasn't their intention to keep them safe in the Glade at all.

One of the very few wrong theories. She will make sure any other theory she ever comes up with is correct.

***

She doesn't take time to look around once they're inside. Maybe she should, for more information, but she mostly cares that there's still no Gladers missing, so she only looks at them.

Then she's walking after them—they walked away first, following a man—and then they're in a room, all alone.

The first thing she does after realizing they're safe as long as they're alone here, is hugging Gally. With the height difference that never changed, he lifts her up. Buries his face in her neck as she clings around him. It makes her feel more relaxed. But just a little bit.

"Everyone here?" Thomas checks as they sit down on some bean bags they find.

Gally's arm slides around her waist. "How's your ankle holding up?"

"Hm." She holds her leg up. Stares at it. "Definitely not better since it broke."

Gally's eyes shoot towards Thomas. "One day, you're gonna pay for throwing that shoe."

"Dude, you punched me in the face, locked me up, wanted to banish me, yelled at me multiple times, and a lot of other thing. I think you got your revenge."

"That was my revenge on you for building the Maze," he says dryly. "If it weren't for Joan liking you, you'd be dead."

"I saved you—"

"Absolutely you did not."

"Wait, you punched Thomas?" She frowns. "What others details have I missed?"

"I roasted him," Thomas starts. "He—"

"That's not true."

"It's very true," Newt grins. "He was like, 'yeah you've been here—"

"Shut up," Gally spits.

"Yeah," Minho agrees. He looks up. "Can we all just shut the fuck up and instead of happily bickering consider we lost like half of the Glade? Grieve?"

She remains silent, guilty yet unable to agree. She doesn't want to grieve. So much pain and for what? It's better to forget. Move on. Save who are left, then worry about your own health.

Before anyone can reply, though, the door opens and a man steps inside. Thomas is the first to jump up. The rest follows.

Grayish hair, turtle neck, leather jacket, wide grin... she knows this man as Janson.