𝟢𝟢𝟤,𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐬

She showers quickly. It doesn't matter that it's the first hot shower she's taking in a year and a half. She just needs to rinse the dirt off fast, tuck her weapons back in her clothes, and then rush to the other to make sure they're still kept safe.

She sees them sitting in the cafeteria Janson mentioned. Unlike all the other rooms she's been in, this one actually seems similar to what a normal school cafeteria would look like, except there's windows everywhere, showing the hallways around the cafeteria.

"Hey." She sits down next to her friends. "What's up?"

They all share a glance, and it immediately worries her. Her eyes glare around. Thomas, Minho, Newt, Fry, Jeff, Chuck— "Where's Gally?"

Chuck lowers his head. "They called names, and he got called, too. We tried to stop them, but they were too strong." And he points at a door. A guard stands in front of it. "They went in there."

Gally? She tries. Can you hear me?

Yes, he replies, lifting weight off her shoulders.

Alright. Whatever they're doing, I'll help you. It's still WCKD. Don't trust them. What're they doing at the moment?

Taking me into some kind of operation room. Don't get yourself into trouble for me. What did that Janson tell you?

Things. Doesn't matter. Just don't let them do anything to you. I'll try to convince this guard.

They tried. It doesn't work, trust me. He ain't gonna move.

My plans don't fail.

Joan—

Just try to stay safe. She cuts their connection off and looks down at the table. Cherries in a bowl, perfect.

"What're you doing?" Minho hisses when she dips her finger in the red liquid. "You're like half his height. We'll try something once it's less crowded."

She ignores him as she runs her red finger over her lips. "You think I need to add blush?"

"What—"

"Never mind." The girl unbuttons all three buttons that sit at the top of the green shirt they gave her. Pushes her sports bra up a bit, then removes her ponytail.

"You're crazy," Thomas says. "Let's not."

"Let's do it."

"If seducing that guard doesn't work, I'll tease you with that embarrassment for the rest of your life," Minho adds.

"Oh, come on, Minho. I could seduce anyone." A roll of her eyes—she's really not this confident about her looks—and she looks back at the others. "What else?"

"Panties above the pants."

"Chuck!" Newt gasps. "Don't—"

"Good idea, bud. Hopefully this guard has a thing for navy blue, too. See ya!"

She walks over to the guard without thinking. If she does, she'll worry and won't seem as confident about this, because Minho is right. If this doesn't work, it'll be very embarrassing.

"Hi." Once in front of the guards, she puts on a confused look. "I was wondering if y'all have other types of bread. I'm allergic to this type, but I feel like I'm gonna die from hunger."