𝟢𝟣𝟣,𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐝𝐚𝐝

Once she has finished showering and is eating the soup Gally got her, the rest is eating downstairs.

"How long have the Gladers been here?"

"A few days. We're planning the last things out before we break into the city. Oh, we're also kidnapping Teresa."

"Lovely," she comments as she readjusts herself on her seat, then watches him for a while.

"What?"

A shrug. "You've changed."

"In a good or a bad way?"

"I think good," Joan decides. "You look different, and you're nicer. Well, you've been nice to me all the time, but you know." And adds, "You've always been awesome, though."

Gally tilts his head to the side, eyebrows raised. "Not everyone is gonna agree with that. Remember when I planned to sacrifice whoever wanted to escape?"

"Yeah, but—" she stops. "Okay, I don't know how to act like you had decent reasons. I mean, you were scared, but sacrificing went a little far."

"Says the one who mislead them all."

"Says the one who thought he'd be a good leader."

"Says the one whose body was connected to slimy, ugly monsters."

"Says the one who is ridiculously obsessed with the color navy blue."

"Jesus— says the one who sews flowers onto her bra."

"Says the one who said he'd rip them off."

"Says the one who's extremely short."

"Says the one who is like a giant."

"Says the one who's actually a nerd."

"Says the one who's dumb."

"I give up."

"Expected."

"Rude."

"Good."

"You know what?"

"What?"

"I don't know." His lips break into a smile.

"Oh, wow, Gally."

Oh, wow, his lips.

Then she distracts herself from that by getting up, the empty bowl in her hands. "Where do I put this?"

"Up there."

"Where?"

He points at a shelf. "There."

"You're only saying that because I can't reach that."

"I swear, there's other dishes on there, too!"

A groan leaves her mouth. "Would you help me, then?"

Nodding, he takes the bowl from her and puts it on top of the shelf, locking her between his arms.

"With your height, there's not much to check out. You're barely putting pressure on it." A chuckle escapes.

"You do it, then."

"Sure." He presses both of his hands besides her torso, trapping her between his arms, the space between them not even a feet.

"Hey, remember when we checked that wall out?"

"That's something I think of everyday."

Her cheeks catch a blush. "Yeah, well, I'm not so sure if this wall is steady."

Gally remains quiet for a few seconds. When he speaks, she feels the vibrations of his chest behind her, and something about the temperature in this kitchen changes. "You think we should check it out?"

Slowly, the girl turns around. "We might as well now that we're here."

Compared to most of the kisses they have shared, this one is hesitant. He takes his time lifting her up against the wall, and their eyes focus on each other's lips multiple seconds before they bring them closer.

Though once she feels him against her, she is immediately taken away. His hands are holding her waist. He's caressing her skin with his thumbs as his lips start to catch up with her change in pace, and she holds him as close as possible.

It's been so long. More than half a year of no touching or kissing or even seeing him. The warmth of his body explains how cold she has been lately. The way he perfectly holds her explains why she felt so lonely at night.

She cups his face, pulling him so close that their noses touch for a second— it's the closest they can get, chests pressing together.

Joan gasps at the feeling. Is it because it's been so long since she has kissed someone or has it just become even better? Whatever— she doesn't want to waste this time by thinking. Just do.

Urging her mouth open with his tongue, he lets out a groan, then moves her hair away. "Still always in your face."

Throwing her head back, she laug— his hand wraps around the side of her neck before she can realize, and her throwing her head back makes him perfectly able to go back to kissing.

Her nails pierce through his shoulder, as if she's trying to push him away. On one side, her breaths are so heavy that it would be nice. On the other side, she never wants to stop. Ever.

But of course, he knows everything again, and moves away from her mouth only to replace his hand with his lips, kissing her neck. She gasps even louder. A whimper comes along with it, louder than she wanted.

"Gally—" Is all her mouth allows to come out. Her back arches at the feeling of his hands running over her skin over and over again, and his hips roll onto hers.

Just when her hands have reached the bottom of his shirt— there's a couch. "Uhm, hi guys."

As if they just got awfully bad news, the couple looks up. Thomas, the man who she thinks is called Jorge, another man she recognizes but doesn't know who he is, and Newt stand there.

"Gally, this was not the plan."

The boy grumbles something inaudible.

She trails her eyes over the four. Thomas is pulling faces, Newt is flabbergasted, Jorge doesn't really seem to bother this, and the other man's expression is unreadable. Maybe because she doesn't know him.

"Uhm—" Newt clears his throat. "Well, Vince, looks like they made it up." He shares a glance with Thomas, who shrugs. "...perfecting timing."

"What do y'all want?" She snaps. "We were busy."

"Clearly."

Gally shoots Jorge a glare. "Well?"

"This here," Thomas starts. He points at the blond man with the goatee, "is Vince."

And then she remembers drawing his face in case she would forget what he looks like. What her father looks like.

Oh, great. Just when she was making out with Gally. Awesome!

"Uhm." She clears her throat, nervously taking a few steps around. "Well, hi. Sorry for the circumstances—"

"At least y'all have more going on than these slow ass lovebirds," Jorge snorts, referring to Newt and Thomas.

"Yes! Great example!" She nods heavily. "So Vince, here for... specific reasons? Do I know you?"

He doesn't have to know that she knows.

"Maybe we should take this somewhere else than here."