𝟢𝟣𝟢,𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭...?

By the time she has taken the tape off her mouth and attempted to free her wrists, the effects of the drug have faded and she's even more exhausted than she was before.

It's crazy. Her friends tying her up and wanting to keep her here unless she helps time, which she wants to do, but also not.

If they would just let her do her thing, they're not in danger. They'll survive. So if she doesn't, at least she knows they're safe.

They've put her chair down on a couch. She watches them in the distance, talking quietly in the kitchen, and then wishes Camil and Minho had been there. While Minho for sure hadn't appreciated her misleading actions, but something makes her think he wouldn't have tied her up. Camil for sure wouldn't have.

Gally wouldn't, right? He must only be doing this because Thomas told him to... she hopes.

She spits the tape out, then continues moving her wrists, and also her feet, which they've also tied together.

But at some point, a warm hand wraps around her wrists, stopping her from moving. "Don't do that. You'll burn your own skin off."

"Shouldn't have tied me up, then," she snaps at Gally. "Untie me."

"Maybe talk first."

"You've never liked talking. I was the talker, you were usually listening. Let's not."

He sits down next to her. Her brain tells her to scoot to the side, but her body won't move. It freezes, in fact, and a few memories replay in her head. How awesome it would be to fall asleep in his arms, though... No—

"We never actually broke up," he says. It comes so suddenly that she has trouble hiding her emotions. "I never assumed we did, at least. I did assume you were dead these last weeks, until I heard of a killer with a pink gun."

She hums.

"Tell me we didn't break up."

What's she supposed to say now? She for sure still loves him. But if she says yes, she still doesn't know how it'll feel to go back to the kissing and everything again— so much has happened in the mean while.

"I've changed. I've killed. You really love a killer?"

"Then I know for sure that you'd kill for me. And I'd kill for you, woman. And die."

Her heart aches at both his words and the nickname. "They removed our connection, didn't they? I've felt empty lately."

"Yeah, they did."

She nods, looking down. "Tell me what happened while I was gone as you remove the chip that connects me with the Grievers. I can't risk
WCKD blowing the Maze up or something. I'll die if they do that. And I kind of trust you the most out of everyone."

"Okay," he says. It surprises her. She feels like back in the Glade, he would've had a whole protest about it.

"And untie me. Please."

With a sigh, he cuts the ropes off. Just like that, he does.

"Not very loyal to Thomas, are you?"

"I once said you would never have to beg. I don't take that back."

"Gally," she gasps at his touch. Her fingers run over his back over and over again as his lips do magic on her neck and collarbone. "Please—"

She doesn't even know what exactly she's begging for. At this point, her head is so fuzzy that every single word she says doesn't even feel like hers, and she can barely register what's happening. The thing about seeing stars might be real.

"Whatever you want," he repeats, voice a bit huskier than normally. "No need to beg. I'll give whatever."

While her cheeks heat up, she swallows. "Alright. Just take an operation knife, cut open, take whatever's in my neck, then give me stitches."

"I don't think we have anything numbing—"

"I'll survive."

Five minutes later, she's on the chair in what seems to be his bedroom, and he's explaining what he went through as he works on taking the chip out.

He tells her that he found Lawrence. Since then, he has been trying to find a way inside the city. He has one now, and they're close to breaking in. He'll save Minho, Camil and the other kids along with the Gladers while Lawrence fights the rest of WCKD. He learned how to use a gun, and knives, and has been close to killing people.

Then she tells him what she did. Slowly and hesitantly. Once she's talking about Jasper, a lump forms in her throat. "I was starting to see him as a father, you know? Appears he's been betraying me since I don't even know when."

He doesn't reply— he doesn't have to. What is he supposed to say anyways? At least the betrayal caused her to be with him again. That's the positive side.

"We have showers here," he suddenly says. "I'll make you something as you clean up, yeah?"

"Do I look dirty to you?"

"No. But you didn't have hot water, did you? Wouldn't it be nice?"

"I warmed my water up in the sun for a day, put it in a big tub at night, and then bathed. I did have warm water."

He lets go of a breath. "Of course you did."

"Plus, my food was definitely better."

"Mhm." He gets up, taking her hand. It causes a feeling in her stomach, which she ignores.

Once they stand in the bathroom, she frowns. "You're gonna have to explain me the buttons, though."

"That's the temperature and that's the water pressure."

"What way is warm water?"

"Left."

"What's left?"

"The hand you burned with hot water in the Glade. Right is the side the Griever bored through."

She looks at the scars on both her wrists, then nods. "Alright. Left. I'll remember it now."

He manages a small smile. "Sure you will. And here's a towel. Need to lend clothes?"

"That would be nice. Thank you."

With a quick nod, Gally walks off, leaving her alone to shower.

"Why don't you go ahead and give me the knife once you've undressed, though?"

Never mind, he's still there.

"You don't trust me?"

"I'll get some credit if I manage to take the knife. And I don't want you to accidentally hurt yourself. Or yeah, maybe you'll try to escape."

Sighing, she hands him the knife. "If you break it, I'll kill you."

"You wouldn't kill me."

"Alright. But I'll destroy a lot if you break it."

He hums, then chuckles.