𝟢𝟤𝟨,𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲

I'm a clone.

Maybe.

I might be fake.

If I am, someone needs to kill me.

If they don't, there will be two Joan's.

But then my mentality will always stay in this body, so what personality will the other one have?

If she even wakes up.

If she doesn't wake up, she'll die.

And then I might die, too.

Then there's not even one Joan left.

Someone needs to kill me.

Her mind is spinning as they walk through the hallways. She does her best to shoot at all the people they fight against, but she's so confused and shocked and panicked— it's not nothing finding out you might be locked inside a clone of yourself, and that you thought you had some development and changed, but it was actually just a whole new personality someone gave you, like an injection.

They suddenly come to a stop. She almost bumps into Thomas, who is looking straight ahead at something.

Someone.

Luckily not another tank. But a real, standing person. One who's breathing. Breathing heavily, in fact.

Was that the glass she just heard shatter behind her?

She wasn't paying attention. She has no idea.

"Minho," Thomas breathes. Then he rushes forward, arms wrapping around the boy with such force that they nearly fall over.

He'll be hugging a clone— shut up. She ends up hugging the boy, too. There is happiness that sweep her thoughts away for a while, but not everything. Too much is going on.

"Oh, fuck!" Camil points at the end of the hallway. Janson is rushing closer, enough guards to kill them all behind him. "Come on!"

They slide into another room as fast as they can. All she can hope is that they can escape, survive, and not find any other water tanks.

"Good to see you again, Greenette." Minho hush her another time, then looks around. His first intention was probably to just look around the room, but then he sees Gally, and his eyes wide. "This can't be real."

"It is."

"Pinch me."

Camil obeys. Probably harder than Minho wanted him to, because he yelps and jumps away.

"Okay, definitely not fake!" He looks up and down at Gally— "Ohmygodisthatjoan? How—" he looks at the standing one, and back at Gally. "Holyfuckingshit."

"We'll explain later," Thomas says. "But this is a dead end. And Janson is boring the freaking door open."

From one heart attack to the other. Great.

They gather around the window. Look down, then at the walls of the room, and all the equipment. "Any ideas?" Asks Minho.

Thomas bites his lip. "Maybe."

A few seconds later, they've broken the window. The object they used rushes down, all the way into a pool that's who knows how many feet below them.

If that pool hadn't been there, they probably would've all died. Damn.

"You sure this is gonna work?" Camil mutters nervously. "Just a reminder, but I've sat in a wheelchair that's half of Gally's height for my whole life, and now I'm as tall as him. This is the highest I've ever been in my whole life and—"