Chapter - 2 ( Meeting Mr. Darcy)

Chapter - 2

                                                 MEETING MR. DARCY

I moaned from the dancing sunlight flickering over my eyelid.

 Was it morning already?

 I tossed and turned knowing that any minute the alarm would go off.

 Com’on

 Com’on

 Com’on

 Last night turned out to be horrible. After my weird introduction with Ashton, I went straight to bed.The new bed did not let me sleep a wink. Anxiety kept running marathons inside my head.

 “Tomorrow is the big day, Shanaya.” I kept saying to myself. “You don’t want to screw it up.”

 Jet lag wasn’t the problem, I was good at manipulating my sleep. Nevertheless, anxiety took that away too. You know that feeling when you are awake but your eyes are closed and your mind and body are too tired to respond. This is what I underwent the complete night.

 I flipped and turned again forcing myself to get up. Finally, I stretched my hand to reach my cell phone. Slowly I opened my eyes, colours replaced darkness as objects took shape. With a single touch, the dead screen of my cell phone came to life, displaying 8:30 am.

 There is still time, I had to reach the office by 9:00 am.

 “Half an hour left.” I hissed and yawned.

 HALF AN HOUR LEFT!

 My eyes widened as I stared at the bright screen with dismay.

 “Holy Shit.” I gasped

 Bitch, you’ll be late today

 I slammed the phone on the floor and forced myself up.

 “Bloody mobile application, it can play nine games at the same time but has a fucked up alarm system.” I mumbled with irritation.

Yes, I was talking to myself. I had reached the height of insanity, as I knew I might lose my job.

 I tried to get up but an unknowing force pushed me down. No, it wasn’t gravity. The blanket was a bit too heavy for me. I was finding it difficult to come out of it. Unfortunately, in this entire tussle the huge blanket got tangled between my legs. I kicked it, turned around, twisted but nothing worked. I tried to push and straighten my back a bit with the support of my lose arm. I think bad spirits were doing rounds early morning. As luck would have, my hand slipped and I found myself on the ground. The fibres of the carpet entered my mouth. I could not even spit them out because there was carpet all around.

 I sighed in exhaustion and looked up. The purple ceiling seemed to mock me.

I slowly freed myself without any hurry. When I was finally out of the mess with lighting speed, I got ready.