Chapter - 9 (Believe me, I Wish We didn't)

CHAPTER-9

                                                  BELIEVE ME, I WISH WE DIDN'T

I propped up against two feather pillows and stretched my legs on the big couch. I scooped up some ice cream from the big container and gobbled it while my free hand went through the various glossy pages of a regular fashion magazine. I heard footsteps emerging, and an expression of serene peace danced on my face.

Ashton emerged from the lobby, walking gingerly toward the kitchen. His eyes flickered into my direction but soon lost interest. I took another scoop of my ice- cream, the frozen cream slipped down my tongue slithering like a snake. I swallowed another scoop loudly, to try and turn his attention towards my presence. But Ashton seemed too preoccupied with the preparation of his breakfast at noon. Had he forgot about last night, our big argument, the insults, everything? No, it couldn’t be so.

He buttered his toast generously and trampled towards me. I sat up straight and acted as if I was busy. I knew any minute he would start apologising, again. I smiled cockily, feeling a stupid sense of triumph.

He paused in front of me and bent slowly to reach my face. Okay, now this was wrong.
His face was inch away from mine. His hot breath fanned across my face making me nervous and dizzy. The fashion magazine slipped from my hand and I awkwardly placed down the ice cream container avoiding any contact with his body. His olive eyes shone and bore into mine and his lips curled into his signature sneer. My face flushed magenta and the lower epidermis over my check began tickling. I tried to look away, feeling uncomfortable but there was no escaping his darting gaze. He quickly moved a mille-centimetre ahead and I thankfully backed up in time. My head hit against the backrest of the couch. I realized there was no escaping this testosterone-filled monster, now. I closed my eyes and held my breath while Ashton’s face moved nearer. My heart was plunging against my rib cage and my legs had suddenly gone numb. I tried to muster all the force I could but my hands didn’t move an inch. I realized I had suddenly gone weak. Ashton’s lips brushed my cheek and traced my jaw line up to my ear. I suddenly had a strange urge to run to the bathroom.

“You are scared now,” He whispered slowly, “Aren’t you?”

“No,” I managed a feeble mutter.

“Where is the Shanaya, who slapped me yesterday?” He hissed.

I dared not to reply.

“Where is the Shanaya, who threatened me yesterday?” He spoke softly.

I remained silent.

As his hands slipped around my waist, I let out a hollow yelp. I could feel his weight upon me.

“I am sorry,” I cried.

He slowly forced me down and grabbed me tightly around my waist. Tears collected around my eyes. Before I could guess what was coming next, a sudden force pushed me back almost knocking me off the sofa. I quickly sat up straight still in a state of shock. I looked up and saw Ashton sitting at my original spot. I stared at him in confusion and quickly wiped the sweat off my forehead.

He shifted smoothly to face me. His coy sneer was playing across his face.

“This is my spot, Bitch.” He spoke mocking every single cell in my anatomy.

                                                            ***