Chapter - 4 (Warning from the Queen Bee)

CHAPTER - 4

                                            WARNING FROM THE QUEEN BEE

Next morning I managed to get ready before time. I quickly buttoned my blouse while I walked out of my room. I stopped in front of Ashton’s door and raised my hand to knock. I didn’t know whether it was my cracked up brain or the kind gesture he made last night, I had a strange urge to thank him. It took me hours of self-babbling to gather up courage which finally made me walk up to his room. Before I could even fight with myself again, my hand dropped.

I was such a coward.

 I balled my fist and tighten my lips feeling annoyed at myself, yet again.

So much for noting,

  I was about to walk ahead but a suspicious clatter made me turn back. I walked up to my room, flung open the door and carefully scanned every corner, Noting. I let out a sigh and shook my head in dismay. Clang! I snapped my head back, my heart thumping out of my rib cage. My instincts told me to run back to Ashton’s room, force him to get up and then act Sherlock Holmes. However, if the intruder turned out to be a mouse, I preferred to save the embarrassment for some other day. Slowly, cautiously I walked past my room. I unlocked the storeroom, Noting. I took several small step back with my eyes fixed at the dark unlit room. Suddenly my hands fell upon another doorknob. I turned one eighty degrees at my toe. Sweat dripped down my temples as I turned the knob around. It made a screeching noise, which in silent fear sounded hundred times amplified. I slowly, deliberately opened the door.

The cold white light blinded my eyes. In fear, I took a step back but lost my balance. Instinctively I reached for the wall to support myself. The wall was unnaturally cold and wet. My hand slipped but I managed to keep standing.

What had this robber done to me?

I finally opened my eyes and saw the sole of my wedges resting upon white tiles. I examined the complete floor: white tiles were everywhere. I looked to my right then to my left. Strange arrangements often seen in bathrooms were installed all around.

Toothpaste, Brush, Listerine, Shaving gel, Razor ........ What the fuck!

I looked straight ahead and saw a bathtub covered by beautiful shower curtains. I shifted my neck and saw another bathroom equipment. Was it another exquisite tap or bathtub? I wish it was when I realized it was none other than my naked boss. 

                                                                      ***

I gasped and held my breath.

“WHAT THE FUCK!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. I waved my hand around my eyes, letting my palm censor my view.

“What the fuck?” He roared, “You are the one who walked in the bathroom.” Through my fingers, I could see him rushing for a towel.

“I..I , You like an arse left the god damn door open,” I countered, “It is a bathroom ,you fool .”More ‘cling’ ‘clang’ and ‘clatter’ followed in an effort by him to search for a cover.

“So, you like a perverted bitch walked in to check out a guy naked,”He scowled.

“WHAT!” I exclaimed, “Excuse me, I thought there was an intruder in here so I walked in. I had no intention to check out your ... Baby or whatever,”