Five: Chad Maxwell 🔪

I sat with Hayden next to me at the ambulance while Annalise was pacing back and forth talking to her dad on the phone telling him how traumatized she was.

"How are you feeling?" Hayden asked.

"I don't know" I sighed.

I stared at my Stepdad's dead body covered in a white cloth.

"The Town has yet again produced another Serial Killer, But this time making History to be the most brutal one of all" I heard the media reporting what just happened.

Who would've thought that a guy who's obsessed with news would become the news?

"Richard Boston 55 years old, the recent victim of this massacre is now unrecognizable after being cut open from his neck to his stomach" The reporter continued.

"I'm so sorry" Hayden sighed.

"Don't be... I'm not even sad... I'm kinda relieved... He hurt me for so many years that knowing he's gone is a breath of fresh air" I sighed.

"Your feelings are valid... I was there whenever he hit you... I don't blame you for feeling that way nor will I judge you for it" Hayden smiled at me.

A black 1955 Mercedes-Benz pulled up on the other side of the road.

The car opened and Arthur came out running towards us.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?" Arthur asked Hayden.

"I'll be fine... Ask him" Hayden sighed as he pointed at me.

"Are you okay?" Arthur turned to face me.

"No" I shook my head as I tried to smile at him.

"Okay... A valid answer... What the hell happened? My sister sent me almost 20 missed calls!" He sighed in frustration.

"There's been another attack and this time it's Chad's stepdad" Hayden answered.

"Did they find out who did it?"

Hayden and I looked at each other and then shrugged at Arthur.

"It was so scary, It could've been me you know... If I went to Chad's room alone just to wait for him to sleep with me" Annalise cried as the reporters kept interviewing her.

"Urgh... I bet you she was thankful a murder happened with her around... Bitch really enjoyed the attention" Arthur rolled his eyes.

"You hate her? She's your sister" Hayden chuckled.

"I don't hate her... I can't stand her" Arthur sighed.

"Why not?" I smirked.

"They're both fine, but me? I'm traumatized" Annalise cried at the interview.

"That's the reason" Arthur pointed at Annalise gesturing that his point has been proven.

"Can't argue" I chuckled as I raised my hands in a form of surrender.

"Why did you agree to go out with her anyway?" Arthur looked at me and frowned.

I looked at Hayden and then took a deep breath.

"Your Dad threatened me... Told me he would pull me off the scholarship if I don't date your sister" I sighed.

"What?!" Arthur looked at me in shock.

"It's okay, she's not really bad at all" I smiled.

"To you" Hayden and Arthur said it together and the three of us chuckled.

I looked at Hayden and he's staring blankly at something.

"Hayden... Are you okay?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled.