Back to normal?

As the night went on Alex started to lighten up more as he clued in the others were not bitter like Mattheo. They didn't care about the drama of Mattheos and his. They all finished there meal together and like always was heading to their home for that year. The group of six were walking back to the Slytherin common room. Theodore Blaise and Alex as the the were deep into a conversation, well walking beside each other. The others behind them by about five feet, having there own conversation about the summer.

"Yeah I'm hoping to go down a path with potions." Alex beamed as the three boys were talking about their career plans, it for just like normal. Maybe I was overreacting. Alex thought to himself.

"That's a good idea Alex, I believe you will be very well off in that line of work." Blaise spoke his voice deep and calm as for always. Well hearing that come from Blaise made Alex beam with pride. Blaise had given small nod to Alex before starting on what he wanted to do. "I'm personally going to try for a job in the ministry." Blaise stood a little taller as he announced this. Blaise always took pride in things like this, it made Alex look up to him for this, Alex only dreamed for the confidence and ability to manage his emotions.

"Oh that sounds great! You'll do amazing working in the ministry." Alex smiled at Blaise as they walked down the tall corridors. "What are you planning o do once we are out, Theodore?" He asked as they walked around the corner and to the stairs to the dungeon.

"I'm have no idea." Theodore answered bluntly. Yet to anyone but Alex it was clear from his tone that he did know.

Alex let out a small chuckle, "of course you don't."

Theodore rolled his eyes playfully as they got to the bottom of the stairs and were about five feet away, Theo put Alex into a headlock. Alex tired to get out of before Theodore could get a good grip onto him but failed, The two boys are laughing as Alex tries to slip out of Theodore's headlock well Theo is messing his hair up. Blaise watches the two with a small and a small chuckle. Draco comes down the stairs with the others sees the two mucking around in front of him. Draco puts in a mischievous grin well sneaks up behind Theodore and jumps on his back. This send the three boys topple over.

"Ugh boys." Pansy giggles well rolling her eyes. Well watching, she was just enjoying seeing them play around and laugh. Just knowing that maybe this year will be slightly less tricky as she thought.

The three boys were now just on the ground laughing, Alex looks up and makes eye contact with Mattheo once again. Alex forgot all his bitter feelings and has a playfully look to him.

"You're coming with us big boy." Alex teased and reached to grab Mattheo's arm pulling him down to the ground and on top of Theodore. Draco saw this and decided to attempt to pull Blaise down as well. Pansy was the only one left standing, and stood back enjoying the boys.

"Theodore get your elbow out of my thigh!" Mattheo laughed well rolling off Theodore and sitting up. Theodore ruffled Mattheos hair up before standing up ready to bolt. Draco had gotten lifted up by Blaise when he attempted to bring Blaise down. Alex was laughing, just for a moment everything was normal. He sat there for a moment before getting up.

Well this was all going Lilith had snuck up behind Pansy and put and arm around Pansy's shoulder. "Seems like they are having fun." Lilith whispered softly. She handed Pansy a note before walking off. No one had notice Lilith do this

Maybe this year won't be that bad? Alex thought to himself with the feeling the warmth around him, the feeling of joy.

Mattheo...

The moment Alex pulled Mattheo down onto Theodore he forgot of the hatred he had and only for that moment. I small little memory to help heal the pain that had happened due to Alex and his fight. Mattheo just didn't want the moment to end yet knew it was going to. He enjoyed it at that moment though. Treasuring the fact that these were going to be one of his last happy memories at Hogwarts.

After that and many more laughs and jokes, they headed into the common room. Mattheo took a deep breath, the same smell of hazelnut as always the dark leather sofas, the back paint, and the small pops of green. This was home. He smiled softly and looked over Pansy's shoulder as she was sitting on a sofa reading a piece of paper.

"What's that?" Mattheo chuckled well his voice had a curious tone to it.

"Uh, nothing." Pansy dismisses and tries to put the paper in her pocket but Mattheo snatched it before she could. she reached up to grab it but Mattheo moved it higher just out of reach.

Mattheos eyes widened at the the word he was reading could have implied, "are you?" He asked well looking down at Pansy, he must have looked quite harsh as Pansy got quiet and looked away. Mattheo took a deep breath. "How long?"

"Three months." Pansy mumbled, unable to meet his gaze.

"I'm happy for you Pans..." Mattheo said awkwardly before giving back the paper to Pansy. After that Mattheo gave a nod before walking off to his dorm. He opened the door of his shared dorm to see Alex setting out all his new books for the year on the bookshelf. Mattheo rolled his eyes and went to the bathroom he closed the door letting out a long tired sigh. He was leaning over the polished sink, he stared at the black tiled floors for a couple moments before looking back up at himself in the mirror. It had been a long day, Mattheo stood up a bit and decided to get ready for bed as he was tired. He ran the water so it was warm, Mattheo rolled his sleeves up to prevent them from getting wet. He washed his face and well he looked up his eyes traveled to his arm. He looked at his mark with a dull look, his eyes glazed over with regret and hatred. He shook his head putting out all thoughts of what had happened. He grabbed the towel and dried off his face and hands before pulling his sleeve down. He walked back out seeing that Alex was off in his own world, Mattheo's face which had a cold expression well looking at Alex, softened. he cared a lot but he didn't know that for himself yet. though he was still bitter about the words that Alex had spoke to him. Mattheo went to his trunk and pulled out some black sweats and a grey tank top to go to sleep in. His movements were slow and showed just how exhausted he was, he pulled his ring off carefully placing it on the top of his dresser before changing.