A Falls walk to Hogsmeade

Alex looked over to who Theodore was talking to as he wouldn't say who he invited, He looked to see Mattheo, and tensed up and glares toward Theodore before putting a smile on. Alex gives Mattheo a small wave as if Alex hadn't been completely avoiding Mattheo like the plague for the last month. Alex watch Mattheo give him an awkward smile, before Alex turned back to Blaise. Blaise watched Mattheo closely but didn't really seem on edge. This calmed Alex down a bit. Alex listened to the others talk and Braden introduce himself. Alex was fixing his scarf, unlike the others he wasn't wearing an of this Slytherin stuff for the cold weather.

"Hello, I'm Braden. I don't know if you know me, we have potions together." Braden smiled nervously as his voice picked up speed again.

"Yeah. I know who you are. I'm Mattheo but I have a feeling you already know this." Mattheo said he held eye contact with Braden for a moment or two before looking away. Mattheo reached his hand out to shake Braden's. "Pleasure to formally meet you Braden."

"Same to you" Braden put on a smile and quickly shakes Mattheo's hand before walking back to stand beside Alex.

"Shall we head off?" Draco asked with a sly smile. he clasped his hands together as he said this. Everyone nodded or said a "Yeah" before they started to walk over to Hogsmeade. The group of boys were walking they cracked jokes and talked but the two quietest of the group were Alex and Mattheo. Alex was holding a book as he listened to Theodore talk about a girl. Blaise and Draco were joking around throwing leaves at each other.

Mattheo...

Mattheo kept to himself for the most part, he noticed that Braden had stepped into his pace, they were w good ten feet behind when Braden looked him dead in the eyes. not seeming so innocent if anything the Hufflepuff's eyes darkened.

"Leave Alex alone." Braden voice was low and harsh. "He's mine." Braden's possessiveness caught Mattheo off guard. Braden glared up at Mattheo for a moment before going up to the others leaving Mattheo back there confused. Mattheo could feel his angry boil.

The fuck this kid just say? Alex isn't his, is this who he really is? Mattheo thought. He was concerned on what could happen to Alex. This Hufflepuff seemed crazy, yet the others seemed to like him. Is he really playing them all? Mattheo looked the the Hufflepuff start talking with Alex. He moved in closer to Alex and put an arm around him which made Mattheo upset. Mattheo quickened his pace to keep up with the others, he walked up beside Theodore. "Hey Theo how is the new roommate?" Mattheo attempted to start a conversation. He could see Braden staring dagger at him.

"He's okay, a complete neat freak. Better than that boy last year. you guys are fucking lucky to have people you know as your roommates and not having to ask for a new one every year." Theo complained a bit.

"Yeah I guess, would be nice if there could be more than two people per dorm." Alex added, Mattheo's eyes had wandered over to Alex, he seemed happier than he was in the beginning of the year. It was nice to see him happy again.

"Yeah luckily it's our last year here." Mattheo let out a long sigh. "You guys ready for exams?" Mattheo chuckled as he looked up at the sky, the leaves were all sorts of colors, from golds to burn reds. Some Leaves falling. It's a beautiful fall day. Christmas is just around the corner. Mattheo thought as he took a deep breath, the air was crisp and his nose was filled with the smell of damp leaves.

"I'm not ready at all, but the idea of being out of here is promising." Theodore chuckled well running his fingers through his hair.

"I think I'll do fine. Professor Snape has been helping me prep for after school and being able start taking potions as a career." Alex answered with a smile, his eyes full of life.

God, I miss his smiles and how he can brighten the room up. Why did I fuck up so bad...? Mattheo though he got lost in Alex's eyes. His eyes are so pretty... he soon snapped out of it hearing Braden talk.

"I'm ready, I'm going to try herbology." He stated with a smile and confidence but Mattheo noticed the darkness in his eyes.

"Ah, classic Hufflepuff answer." Mattheo teased Braden a little.

"Mattheo don't make fun of Braden!" Alex snapped at Mattheo. Mattheo had to remind himself that Alex wasn't his friend. it still burned to see Alex be upset at him for teasing someone. Alex had turned to Braden and softened. "He just doesn't see your talent Braden."

"Thank you Alex." Braden put a soft innocent look to him. Alex turned his head to call Blaise over. Braden shot Mattheo a dirty glare before turning to Draco and Blaise which had stop to wait for the four of them.

Blaise...

Blaise had been fucking around with Draco ahead of the other, he was throwing leaves and play fighting with Draco. It was good for him to lighten up, it was even better to see Draco smile. Ever since Draco had been forced into becoming a death eater he had been stressed and often on the brink of breaking down. Blaise knew what this year would lead to, he only hoped to protect the people he cared about. The two slowed down and were laughing as they were a good thirty feet in front of the others. they walked side by side, Blaise was watching the path ahead of them till he felt Draco poke him.

"We should tell Alex." Draco spoke his face concerned and held grief.

"We can't that puts us, and him in danger. Theodore want to as well but if he tells someone we are all fucked" Blaise was calm but looked at Draco's worried face, with pity.

"I don't want to loose him, he doesn't really have anyone." Draco was biting his lip nervously.

"Dray, we won't loose him." Blaise reassured Draco but Blaise knew that they probably would.

"Okay." Draco put on a weak smile. The two were walking till they heard Alex call them, Blaise looked back and smiled as he waited bit notice that Braden was glaring at Mattheo, his face was dark.

Somethings off...