Potions

Alex had gotten to class early and had met the new teacher, he already disliked him. He seemed very old fashion and the new Professor talked slowly or went blabbing on. Also from what he noticed he was not going to enjoy the way Professor Slughorn teaches, using all textbooks and not explaining things, he knew this could post an issue for other classmates. Alex was looking at his potion textbook he had bought a couple years back, it had all that you could even need for any potions class. Since than he had often had his textbook as it had a lot of recipes, but Alex over the years had spent a lot of time studying with Snape and adding notes or changing little things in the textbook to make it easier to make the potions. Alex did really look up to Professor Snape, he would often talk with Snape's about potions and Alex hoped to become a potions master one day. He had a feeling he would still be going to Professor Snape for potion tips and questions this year. Alex was putting some new notes down from some testing he had done a week before, he was in his own world. His other classmates started to file in as class started, he watched Hermione walk with Lilith, Lilith said a quick goodbye before walking over and sitting beside him. 

"Pansy in this class" Lilith asked and Alex shook his head in response.

"Don't think I have that many people I know in this class. Not even Draco or Blaise." Alex explained well lifting his head form his book. "Also didn't think I would see you in potions, I thought you were going down the Magical Creatures route?" 

"Just thought this of all things, potions would be a good think to add under my belt if I want to go down the route." Lilith explained well moving closer to Alex. "I have this really cute friend name Braden. He's in this class and might need some help, if your getting at what I'm poking at." Lilith gave him a wink. Alex raised and eyebrow to this, he knew what she meant but didn't want to think of it that much. He looked back at the textbook making sure he didn't forget to add anything to it before feeling Lilith bump him a little. He looked up to see a short ginger boy standing there awkwardly as he gave me a small wave.

"Hello, it's lovely to finally meet you Alex, Lilith told me lots about you." The boy smiled with a small blush to his cheeks, Alex looked at the boy to notice that he was a Hufflepuff, which in hand made Alex smirk.

"And you are?" Alex asked with a small chuckled to his voice.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" The boy seemed very flustered "I'm Braden, Braden Van-" Alex cut him off.

"Don't need the last name." Alex spoke in a calm yet confident tone as he could see this Hufflepuff most clearly had a crush on him. "It's good to meet you Braden, you seem to already know who I am. Thanks Lilith." Alex looked to Lilith and rolled his eyes. Braden seemed very flustered from the way that Alex acted, as when meeting new people Alex often showed a lot of confidence which scared off a lot of people, or threw them off.

"Uh yeah, can I sit with you guess?" Braden words rushed out of his mouth as he asked that.

"Yes of course!" Lilith answered the Hufflepuff with a friendly smile, Alex just grinned and nodded. Lilith started to talk with Braden well Alex was only half listening more focused on reading over some textbook stuff. So Professor Slughorn begun the class.

"Why hello everybody. Great to see some young bright faces today! Now, does anyone know what-" He was cut off by a door opening and along comes walking in Mattheo, Late to class. "Oh isn't it just lovely for you to join us today! And you are young sir?" Professor Slughorn asked making a fairly large deal of it.

"Mattheo, Mattheo Riddle." Mattheo answered his eyes quickly darting to find a seat the only one left though was the one right beside Alex. As Slughorn processed Mattheos name his eyes widened as if he had seen a ghost. He was completely stunned and you could see fear quickly flash through his eyes before shaking away.

"Well Welcome, please take a seat." Slughorn spoke and waited for Mattheo to take a seat before going on with the lesson. Mattheo grumpily walked over to the seat beside Alex.

Oh fuck this. Alex thought to himself.

Mattheo...

Mattheo had been walking Regan down to her charms class. He had an arm around her well listening her go on about her cat her parents got her that summer. His eyes looking down at her, as he was completely lost in her.  As they got to her class he gave her a hug and a small kiss before he said his goodbyes to his beautiful girl, This was when he noticed the time. He had one minute till class started, and hi class was on the other side the the bloody school. Last year or any year before this he wouldn't worry one bit nor would he care, but this year was different as he didn't want to seem like he was unable to keep up with classes to Regan. Or that Regan was a distraction to him by his father. That was the last thing he needed right now.

Shit. Mattheo thought as he rushed to his next class, he went to the stairs on the other side of the school and ran down them before rushing to the other side of the school to get down the the stairs leading to the Dungan. He was out of breath a bit, he walked to the potions classroom well catching his breath hoping the teacher hadn't started yet, Mattheo creaked the door open. He was out of luck as class had started and the teachers attention went to him which had just walked in.

"Fuck." Mattheo whispered under his breath.