Hiding in Maryland ~ Jeydon

"Samm, it's not like we're going to get kidnapped or something," I complained.

"Who knows? Our fans could be psychos!" Samm exclaimed.

"Could be?" I joked.

"Ugh, Jeydon, it's not just fans, though. Anything could happen! We need to find a hotel," Samm said, scrunching her nose and glaring at me.

I rolled my eyes and kissed her on the cheek. "Okay, fine. If it makes you happy."

She smiled and cuddled into my chest. I looked up to see Jordan and Kyle smiling down at us. I felt myself blush but I looked down at Samm again, cuddled into my chest and her hair slightly messy from the long night. I loved her so much. I kissed the top of her head. She reached up a hand and stretched my double chin, looking up and smiling.

"Who's my turkey?" She asked.

I glared at her and pulled away. We both burst out into giggles and we cuddled some more. Kyle and Jordan exchanged a glance before walking into another room. We had just done some meet-ups with some of our fans. Shannon, Bryan, Johnnie, and Alex had already went home, but the four of us had agreed to stay together for a little while longer. Even though Samm isn't a part of My Digital Escape, she's still a YouTuber, and she's my girlfriend, too, so I decided to bring her along.

I wrapped my arms around her and we both stayed silent and still for at least half an hour. I'm pretty sure that she fell asleep in my arms. And I love when she does that.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I looked up drowsily from Samm's sleeping face to see Kyle and Jordan walk in. Samm's eyes flickered open and we separated, her glancing around the room groggily before turning her attention to Kyle and Jordan.

"We really need to get going now. We found a good hotel called the Hilton Garden Inn in Maryland. Nobody will expect us to be there, its such an obscure state," Kyle announced.

"We figured that Samm would be happier in a place where no one would expect us to be," Jordan explained, smiling kindly at Samm, who smiled back.

"Thanks, you guys," Samm said.

After a few minutes of talking about the hotel, we got up and left the building. The parking lot was practically empty. We all walked to Jordan's car and got in, Samm and I in the back, Jordan driving, and Kyle taking shotgun. We drove in relative silence, for as long as I can remember. I do remember Samm leaning onto my shoulder, already asleep again, a few minutes before I nodded off as well.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder. Drowsily, I looked up to see Kyle standing outside of the car, the car door next to me open and his hand on my shoulder.

"We're here," He said, continuing as I glanced at where Samm had been sitting. "Don't worry about Samm. Jordan woke her up and took her inside."

I nodded, still tired and half-asleep, as I climbed out of the car and helped Kyle get the remaining backpacks that served as our suitcases out of the trunk. We walked into the hotel where Jordan was waiting in the lobby, sitting on a sofa and staring at a Yoshi plushie that a little girl was carrying around. He looked up at us and smiled.

"Samm is in the room," Jordan explained.

I nodded and followed him and Kyle to the room. The three of us set the backpacks down and sat on the beds. Samm got up from a chair over by the TV to walk over to us.

"I'm going to get a coffee," She announced.

"A coffee? This late?" I asked.

"It'll be a decaf," She protested.

"Okay."

Samm walked out of the door after saying good night to Kyle, Jordan, and I and closed it behind her. I let out a yawn and looked over at Kyle and Jordan.

"Hey, how did you guys manage to get a room on such short-notice?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, someone apparently already had this room and didn't show up, and they don't have anybody else reserving this room until Wednesday," Jordan explained.

"Oh. That makes sense," I said through a yawn.

We sat in awkward silence. I knew I didn't hang out with Kyle or Jordan or really any of the My Digital Escape members too often, and I figured that Jordan and Kyle didn't hang out together very much either, so that was probably why it was so awkward.

"Well, I'm beat. I'll take the sofa bed. Night, guys," Jordan said before disappearing into the other room.

"Night," Kyle and I said at the same time.

After that, we both settled down for the night. I remember before drifting off that I was wondering why it was taking Samm so long to get a coffee, but before I could get too curious or suspicious I was out cold for the night.

~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N

To whoever is reading this, I'm sorry that this chapter was so short. I promise the chapters won't be as short and simple and boring as this one, I'm just setting up the setting. I hope that you enjoy my MDE fanfiction!

~Stay cloudy