The Hospital ~ Johnnie

I glared at Bryan. "Could you go any  slower?"

"Johnnie, I'm driving as fast as I can," Bryan snapped.

I huffed in anger and annoyance and turned my attention to the landscape as we passed cars and buildings. All I cared about was the fact that Kyle was in the hospital, and I wasn't there for him. I drummed my fingers on my leg as we finally pulled into the parking lot.

The moment the car stopped I jumped out of the car and ran toward the hospital, leaving Bryan to lock the car and all of that stuff I didn't care about right now. I threw the door opens and ignored the secretary, who was yelling at me to come back and check in with her.

Glancing down at my phone, I followed the directions to the hospital room and burst in to see everyone except Jordan and Amber standing around Kyle, talking quietly and worriedly. Shannon looked guilty and scared and sad. I whirled on her after seeing Kyle was unconscious.

"Was this all your fault?" I asked, feeling anger boil up inside me.

She looked terrified. "N-no. Well, yes. Maybe. Kind of. I don't-"

"Save it," I snapped, not really caring about the story of how he ended up here yet. I whipped around and went back to Kyle, who was out cold. I intertwined my fingers with his, not caring that everybody else was watching. "You'll be okay, Kyle. You'll make it." I kissed his forehead and looked over at everyone else, who looked slightly shocked. My eyes scanned all of their faces. "How serious is it?"

"He'll be fine in a couple of days. The doctor said that he just can't leave the hospital until his head has healed fully," Cathie explained gently.

I ran my hands through my hair, feeling conflicted as I looked at Shannon again, who was even sadder now. This had to be her fault--why else would she have that look on her face? "What happened? What did you do?"

She looked down at her feet guiltily. "I-We were all watching Titanic and Kyle and I heard some thumping. He went off to investigate and when the movie was finished I realized he wasn't back and we found out he was kidnapped. We were able to find him before the worse happened, but the kidnapper damaged his head and possibly his brain so she could kidnap him. We found him when she was about to take his pants off. You can probably figure out what she must've been planning."

I shook my head as she went on, feeling disgust at the kidnapper and anger at Shannon building up. "Why didn't you go with him?"

She didn't answer and I looked into her eyes seeing sadness and guilt swimming in them. I scowled at her.

"If you had just gone with him this wouldn't have happened! Why didn't you go with him?" I demanded, clenching my fists.

She was at a loss for words, her mouth opening and closing before she gave an answer. "I was...I was distracted."

"Distracted?" I snarled and I saw tears start to brim her eyes, but at this very moment I didn't really care. "That's your best excuse? You were distracted?"

"You don't understand-"

I was about to cut her off, but Cathie beat me to it, looking me in the eye confidently. "Johnnie, stop. You need to calm down. We got to Kyle before the worse came, and he'll eventually heal. It's over now, everything will get back to normal. It wasn't even Shannon's fault, it's nobody's fault but the kidnapper's. Even if she had gone with Kyle, she could've been the one kidnapped and hurt-"

"I would rather it be her than Kyle!" I shouted, my anger at its peak.

Cathie stopped and stared at me, gaping in shock with wide eyes. Everyone's expressions were the same, except Shannon, who looked hurt. Tears slipped down her cheek and she ran out of the hospital room. I ignored everyone's disapproving glares and hesitant looks and turned back to Kyle, taking his hand in mine.

"Please, please be okay Kyle. I love you." I kissed his forehead and felt tears and sadness replacing my anger as I started to cry. Why Kyle, of all people? Why did this have to happen to him?

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Cathie with an angry expression as she stepped forward. I braced myself for whatever was coming, but Jeydon grabbed Cathie's hand and squeezed it. Cathie glanced over at him and he kissed her softly and sweetly before smiling at her and shaking his head. She hesitated before nodding and stepping back, leaning her head on his shoulder.

I felt sick to my stomach. That could be Johnnie and I, but it might not be able to be. Even though the doctor said he would turn out fine, there was still a deep, dark part of me that thought he would not be okay. I looked back at Kyle and took in his perfect, beautiful sleeping features. He looked so peaceful. This shouldn't have happened to him.

He'll be okay. I remembered Cathie telling me what the doctor had said. I closed my eyes and rested my forehead against Kyle's.

Doctors lie.