Pierce the Veil ~ Bryan

It had been a couple of weeks since Kyle had gotten back to the hospital and everything was kind of back to normal. Johnnie and Alex were together now, and Kyle was still single. Jordan, Amber, and Shannon seemed to be distancing themselves from each other, but Cathie and Jeydon were getting closer. Everything seemed to be fine, though, so Johnnie and I decided to schedule a meet-up in San Diego.

It had a huge turn-out, and apparently the crowd had blocked up the sidewalk. Oops. Johnnie and I met the fans for a couple of hours and I was starting to get bored until I heard a yelp from behind me. I turned to see that a girl with dyed blue hair and green eyes had fallen on Johnnie. She kind of looked like Cathie. 

"Get off!" Johnnie ordered, his voice cracking.

The girl scrambled off of him, clutching her head in pain, before waddling over to another girl that looked similar to Amber, with her brown hair with natural highlights and blue-gray eyes. They must be fans. But all my thoughts stopped as I looked to the girls' sides and saw Pierce the Veil standing there, looking concerned as they watched the girl who had fallen on Johnnie.

"Hey, guys! I didn't think I'd see you here!" I said excitedly. What were the chances of seeing them at our meet-up?

Johnnie was staring at the band in shocked silence while the girl who looked like Amber stayed close to the girl who had fallen on Johnnie, her wide eyes flickering between us.

"Bryan, nice to meet you," Vic greeted, grinning.

"Hi..." Tony said quietly.

"Hey," Mike greeted.

"Where's your ring pop?" Jaime mused.

I laughed and Johnnie turned to the girl who had fallen on him, who blushed slightly. She looked down at her fingers nervously, playing with them. She must be shy.

"Sorry about...um...falling on you."

"It's okay. I was just surprised," Johnnie replied with a shrug.

"So who are these girls?" I asked curiously. "Are they fans or something?"

Another strange thing about them was that their clothes were tattered clothes that looked dirty and old. The two girls huddled together even closer, if that was possible, and the band stayed silent. I felt suspicion rise in my stomach until Mike stepped forward and cleared his throat.

"No, they were just lost and needed to find their way back home. We're going to take them to our house and call their parents," Mike explained.

I hesitated, still suspicious. That sounded like a downright lie to me, but I guess it didn't really matter. It wasn't any of my business. "Okay," I said and gestured to Johnnie, since he hadn't met Pierce the Veil before. "This is my new camera-man, Johnnie. He's a YouTuber, too, and this is a meet-up. That's why there's this crowd."

Jaime, being the kind, personable guy he was, smiled and shook Johnnie's hand. "Nice to meet you."

Johnnie was amazed and silent, and I forced back a grin. I knew how much this band meant to him, and he finally got to meet them. He finally managed to speak, which surprised me. I would've guessed he would just let out a whimper and leave it at that. "Yes."

He was so awkward.

I turned to the two girls and smiled. "What are your names?"

The girl who looked like Amber looked terrified. She must be really shy, which wasn't very different from Amber. They have to be related. I'll ask Amber about that later. The girl who looked like Cathie, who had fallen on Johnnie, stayed silent as well. The awkward silence was broken by Tony, which I didn't expect, since he's usually quiet and shy.

"This is Brooke," He nodded to the girl who looked like Cathie. "And this is Willow." He gestured to the girl who looked like Amber, who was beside him.

Willow waved shyly and I smiled at them. "Nice to meet you."

After everyone was acquainted, we scheduled an interview with the band after Johnnie and I finished our meet-up. Brooke and Willow would go along, too.

So Johnnie and I met fans for the rest of the day, and when the sun had set we followed the band through the streets.

~*~*~*~*~*~

After the interview, I definitely knew something was going on between the two girls and the band. I may or may not ship Brooke and Willow with the guys. But whatever was going on was something I had a feeling I couldn't really get involved in, so I just didn't say anything. Johnnie and the two girls seemed to get along well, though. That was good. 

My phone started to ring and I glanced at it, seeing it was from Shannon. My heart picked up the pace and I turned back to Vic and Tony, smiling apologetically. "Sorry, I have to take this."

I answered the call and walked into another room. "Hello? Shannon?"

I was interrupted by uneven breathing and the sound of crying. Shannon answered a few seconds later, her voice high-pitched and tight with emotion. "Bryan, I need you to come here immediately."

"O-okay...Is it okay if Johnnie comes?" I asked hesitantly.

There was a pause and a deep, shaky breath before she answered. "Sure. Just...please come."

She hung up and I slipped my phone into my pocket, my heart beating faster. I ran into the room where everybody was still talking and hanging out.

"Johnnie, we have to go. It's an emergency."

He looked at me, confused. "Huh?"

"Johnnie, we need to go right now. It's really important. Shannon is having a breakdown and..." I trailed off and he nodded in understanding.

"Okay."

He quickly gathered up our equipment and we exchanged hasty goodbyes with the band and the girls before leaving. 

This couldn't be anything but bad.