The Hotel Card ~ Amber

On the way to Ocean City New Jersey, two terrible accidents happened on the same road, causing Cathie and I to be so backed up in traffic that we were forced to spend the night at a Hilton Garden Inn and continue our trip to OCNJ in the morning.

"Ughh...Why didn't we just go to Ocean City Maryland? I mean, we live in Maryland. Normal Marylanders would go there," Cathie complained.

"How many times have I told you -- Ocean City Maryland sucks, the one in New Jersey is better! Besides, OCNJ is closer," I said indignantly.

"That's bullsh-" Cathie began.

"Catherine! Keep it PG!" I scolded.

She scowled. "Fine. Let's hurry up in check in. I'm so tired I can't even talk about Pierce the Veil anymore."

"That's a first," I teased her.

She glared at me, but I guess she actually was too tired to argue with me. I walked up to the front desk, where a woman with black hair tied up in a bun and darker skin was staring at us in confusion.

"Do you have any rooms available?" I asked politely.

"Um, I don't think so," My face fell immediately when she said that. "But I'll check."

I sighed inwardly and waited while she shuffled through some folders and glanced at the computer screen a few times. Finally, her solemn face perked up and she handed me a key.

"Room 619 is open," She informed me.

She gave me a card, the kind that you swipe through a detector to unlock your hotel room door. She smiled at me, nodded politely, and then went back to answering the busily ringing phones that were booking reservations and asking about rooms. I walked back to Cathie, holding up the card with a grin.

"It was a close call, but we somehow got a room," I announced.

"Good. I'm exhausted. Let's go-" She stopped and glanced at the room card, her eyes narrowing and examining it. "Uh, Amber... does that say 'housekeeping?'"

I looked down at it to see HOUSEKEEPING printed across the top of the card. "Yeah. Well, it doesn't matter. We'll turn in the key tomorrow. We're only here for the night."

"Okay," Cathie shrugged and got up off the couch she had been waiting on.

We headed over to the elevators, and, luckily we came just as an elevator arrived for a kind, little old woman. We smiled at the lady and followed her in, pressing the 4 button and watching the elevator doors close in front of us.

Just as the elevator doors closed and the elevator went up with Amber, Cathie, and the little old woman in it, a blonde woman with her hair tied up in a bun came over to the front desk to continue her shift after a break.

"Good news. We just sold another room," The woman that had helped Amber reported, smiling at her companion.

The blonde woman stared at her, puzzled. "What do you mean? We were sold out after that group of four came in... they took room 619 and I didn't get the chance to put it down in the computer before my break."

The darker woman's face fell. "Oh, god."

"What?" The blonde woman asked suspiciously.

"Room 619 is the room I just gave to those two girls that just walked in."

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Don't you think it's a bit weird that there was a room free this late, and instead of a normal card we get a housekeeping card? Wouldn't you think that the employees wouldn't confuse the cards, especially since this place seems so professional?" Cathie mused.

"No, you're just being too over-logical. Relax, it'll be fine, we'll just sleep here for the night then head to Ocean City," I replied calmly.

"Okay, if you say so... but if we get murdered in our sleep, I'm blaming you," Cathie said.

"If we get murdered in our sleep, we'll be dead."

Cathie rolled her eyes and we stopped in front of room 619. I slid the card through the detector and, of course, it blinked green. We turned the door handle and opening the door. Immediately, we stopped in our tracks. There were backpacks piled up on the chair next to the TV and there were two guys sleeping, one in each bed.

One of them lifted their head sleepily and then stopped as he saw Cathie and I. His fingers fumbled to the lamp next to him until he turned the light on, just in time as the darkness settled in when the door closed behind us.

"Jeydon! Kyle! Wake up!" The guy yelled.

I stared at him, shocked, unable to speak. He had green eyes and really big and messy brown hair. He had a Yoshi plushie next to him. The sleeping guy in the bed next to his lifted up his head.

"What? Is Samm back?" The guy mumbled.

He stopped as he saw us. That guy also had brown hair, but it was a lighter brown than the guy who had turned the lamp on. He was wearing a hoodie and he had blue eyes, but I couldn't see one of them because his hair covered a part of his face. He kind of reminded me of Justin Bieber, but better in every way and having a lip piercing.

Another guy stumbled out of the living room, looking drowsy and a beanie on his head. I'm guessing he was around two or three years younger than Cathie and I, and he had light brown hair -- the kind that can look blonde in the right lighting -- and brown eyes. All three stared at us and the room was silent until the guy in the hoodie with the lip piercing spoke.

"Um, who the fuck are you?" He asked.