Movie Night ~ Shannon

I know the picture is kind of different but it's the only picture I could find of her with her current hair soo yeah oops

---

So after the little Samm incident and we had all sat down, we ended up getting kicked out for "disrupting the audience." That audience had consisted of a couple that did nothing but make out and an angry little old woman who apparently thought it was rude of us to interrupt the advertisements.

After we got kicked out, we went home and decided to just watch the classic Titanic. As Jeydon put the movie in, I glanced over at Amber. I found her really cute, and I really wanted to be with her. I probably screwed it all up the night I got super drunk and kissed her. I hesitated, about to go over and subtly hold her hand, but Jordan sat down next to her and put her arm around her.

I looked away, pushing back my hurt. Of course she liked Jordan. She knew him better, he was attractive, and she was straight, as far as I knew. I glanced around again, seeing Cathie with Jeydon and looking very happy together. I smiled and looked away. They were an adorable couple.

The only person that didn't have their boyfriend was Kyle, sitting on a loveseat. I cringed at the thought of the word "loveseat." I preferred midget couch.

I walked over and sat next to him on the midget couch. "Hey."

"Sup," He said, nodding at me as the movie started.

I purposefully didn't look over at the other sofa, where the two couples were probably cuddling happily. I thought about Bryan. Usually, I would blush at the thought of him. But now that Amber came along...I glanced over at her, which was a mistake, because Jordan kissed her forehead and she blushed, smiling. I immediately looked back at the movie, feeling my eyes start to burn.

I heard a sad sigh next to me. I looked over at Kyle, who was watching the movie longingly. "You okay?"

"Not really," He said truthfully, glancing over at me shyly. "I-I kind of wish Johnnie was here."

I smirked at him. "Aww, that's adorable."

He glared at me and then put on a mischievous grin. "Really? What about Bryan?"

I blushed. I don't know how I felt about him anymore. "I-um-"

Kyle laughed and shook his head before stopping abruptly. His smile disappeared and he turned around, his eyes narrowed in suspicion. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" I asked.

He hesitated, and I heard a soft thumping sound. It was hard to hear over the movie, but it was definitely there. "I'll be right back."

I was about to follow Kyle, not letting him go alone, but out of the corner of my eye I saw Amber and Jordan sharing a short, sweet kiss. I forced myself to look away, eyes burning and my heart twisting. The worst part about it was that they were whipped for each other, and they were honestly the most adorable couple I had ever seen, next to Cathie and Jeydon.

I forced myself to breath in and out, slowly, and pushed back the tears. I opened my eyes and looked back at the movie and watched.

The movie was over when I realized that Kyle still hadn't returned. I felt my heart rate speed up.

"G-guys?" I squeaked.

Cathie looked over at me, eyebrow raised. "Hm?"

"Kyle...Kyle left in the beginning of the movie...and he's not back."

The room was silent and suddenly everyone was up and running around Kyle's house, calling his name. I searched the hardest, feeling guilt wash over me.

I'm such an idiot. I should have gone with him. If I hadn't been distracted by Amber... I looked over at her, looking panicked and worried, and I felt anger stir up inside of me. I glared at her before turning my full attention back to the search, scowling. It's all her fault.

I stopped searching and focused on trying to remember where that thumping sound had been coming from. I closed my eyes and followed the ghostly thumping in my memory. When I opened my eyes, I found myself at the front door. I looked down and saw Kyle's beanie on the floor.

My stomach clenched and I looked up. "Come out now, Kyle, it isn't funny anymore!"

I got no response, and I couldn't hear anything over the shuffling around me in their frantic searches. I whipped around, glaring at all of them, Amber the most.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

They stopped and stared at me in surprise. I shot Jordan a glare, and then Amber, feeling as if I could strangle her. I saw her eyes water and she looked down, silent. A pang of guilt and sympathy caused me to hesitate, but my anger took over and I didn't care.

"Kyle and I heard thumping here earlier, so he came and..." I glanced back down at the beanie, and everybody followed my gaze.

Amber stumbled, looking pale, leaning on Jordan, who just kept staring at the beanie. Jeydon looked like he was going to be sick, and Cathie's eyes were wide and terrified. I felt myself freeze up as I looked down at the beanie again. This wasn't a game anymore, Kyle was legit gone and taken somewhere, kidnapped, possibly dead or worse.

Cathie cleared her throat and strutted forward. "Alright, here's what we're going to do. We're going to follow any traces, stick together in a search party, and we're going to find Kyle by..."

I listened intently, nodding along to her plan. I had to admit, Cathie did know how to take control of a situation. After that, we put on our jackets and followed a trail of mud and wet grass that occasionally broke off, obviously from the kidnapper. I mean, if you're going to kidnap somebody, at least wash your shoes so you don't leave a trail behind. It isn't that hard.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Amber was talking quietly to Cathie, who was leading the search party at the front. Jordan was in the middle, keeping watch for more trails, while Jeydon and I brung up the rear. It had been a while since we had set out, and so far, we had stuck to the same never-ending trail.

I glanced over at Jeydon, who looked awfully tense. I felt bad for him, wondering if I could cheer him up. I followed his gaze and smirked, seeing as he had been staring at Cathie's butt.

He glanced over at me suspiciously, obviously seeing my smirk. "Why are you smiling like that? You look suspiciously like the cat that swallowed the pigeon-"

"Canary."

He stared at me, confused. "What?"

"I look like the cat that swallowed the canary," I said, smirking at him as he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"I once had a very large cat-but, not my point. My point is, why are you smirking?"

I laughed quietly, so as not to draw the attention of Cathie, Amber, and Jordan, and imitated an old woman's voice. "You were watching her. With great interest, I might add. In fact, I believe you were-" I wiggled my eyebrows at him. "Enraptured."

Jeydon started to blush. "She-she's our leader. I look to her for guidance."

I nodded, pretending to understand. "Oh, I see. So what guidance did you find in those swaying hips?"

Jeydon blushed harder. "No no no! I wasn't looking at her...you know...her...hind...quarters..."

"Certainly."

"I gazed, glanced in that direction. Maybe. But I wasn't staring...or really seeing anything, even."

"Of course."

He glared at me. "I hate you. You're a bad person."